High Tide Aquatics

Smog!!! and a new lens

Hard to get anything clear.. Hey Art here is a shot of Fort Point from Point Isabelle..

fortpoint.jpg

These were taken from the same area.. Can't really see Fort Point though :) Unless you really zoom in..

Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm.. Thanks Ian for the use of the tripod...

fortpoint2.jpg

fortpoint3.jpg

cool pictures.

are the dots on the first picture birds? your lens / filter / sensor might be a tad dirty =) Or a nice cloning tool in photoshop should clean those up.

also one really good thing when doing landscapes is to make sure your horizons are pretty much 0 degrees. it makes the picture just that much more perfect.

Another fun suggestion when shooting landscapes with the sky way brighter than the land, look for gradual ND filters. 2filter.com has a great package for a cokin-p holder / hitech filter set. I'd get the stronger of the soft edged GND's. Look it up, it'll make your skies REALLY nice and allow you to correctly expose for the foreground.

Great shots though! nice lens too.

I'll have to check out the 2 filter.. I only have 1 filter right now and its a 2 stop nd.. It's a little thick for the 10-20. It shows up in the pics at 10mm.. Yup they were birds.. THere were a ton of them out there.. I was at costco shopping and was like dang the sky looks kinda interesting right now.. The sun had gone down already.. When I originally looked at it in the viewfinder I thought it looked level :) I have a hard time telling if things are level or straight due to a really bad astigmatism.. I dont' know if thats the problem or not.. Gonna try it again later on.. Don't really know anything about PP but I'll look up cloning... Thanks for the tips..

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=3471.msg39482#msg39482 date=1207140539]
I'll have to check out the 2 filter.. I only have 1 filter right now and its a 2 stop nd.. It's a little thick for the 10-20. It shows up in the pics at 10mm.. Yup they were birds.. THere were a ton of them out there.. I was at costco shopping and was like dang the sky looks kinda interesting right now.. The sun had gone down already.. When I originally looked at it in the viewfinder I thought it looked level :) I have a hard time telling if things are level or straight due to a really bad astigmatism.. I dont' know if thats the problem or not.. Gonna try it again later on.. Don't really know anything about PP but I'll look up cloning... Thanks for the tips..
[/quote]

No problem, if you have photoshop you can also use the bandaid tool for weird spots =)

You can also straighten out your horizon with photoshop as well, just search online for horizon straightening and you'll find thousands =)

Back