Kessil

Snails doing the nasty...

Klems

Supporting Member
I started my 14g biocube back in December of 2014 and added a CUC that included a few crabs and 2 branded trochus, 2 Astrea and later 3 nassarius for the sand bed. Lately I have noticed a few white specks here and there....but today I was able to find about 10-15 tiny snails around the rock scape and on the glass. ( I did not give them permission to have sex in my tank!!!)

Is this a good thing? Will they all survive or will I need to weed them out of the tank eventually?

I've had Banded Trochus snails breed regularly in my tank. In theory they will self regulate. If there's not enough food the baby snails will die off and you don't need to do anything. The process will yield food for your fish and corals.

That's so weird lol!

I bought two trochus snails yesterday.

I picked up the bag when I got home and it was covered in gray EGGS. Hundreds of eggs floating around the bag. I put them in my tank in case they hatch or they become food.

I had a HUGE turbo that went sexy on me during my 60G transfer to 30G cube. I had to throw him out because my tank looked like chowder soup. Skimmer has going off the hook too. And no sign of letting up. Amazed and bit envious how long these guys can go for...

Back