Jestersix

So AEFW... what are the symptoms.

Chris - it's not a total loss.

Literally frag off the good pieces (not the kinda good pieces the good pieces), chuck the affected ones as well as the bases (I know it's hard).

Dip the pieces in the povidone solution as linked by Rich's link and follow the directions.

If you want to be bold you can try a fluke tab solution. Post here or you can start a thread if you want further instructions if interested. Fluke tabs can be really scary - freakin nitro glycerin tablets if you will, because it can do a ton of unnecessary damage if you aren't careful.

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=2346.msg23972#msg23972 date=1188945437]
rich not yet. probably friday.

is this what to look for. notice the white marks.
Picture206.jpg

[/quote]

That doesn't look like them to me. That looks more like bleaching. AEFW, IME, start fromthe bottom and not from the tips.

Still, by all accounts they start from the base and work up. If that were my coral, I would snap it off as close to the base as possible and dip the whole thing to see if any FW's come off the piece and know for sure - its hard to diagnose via pics. :D

Dunno but your Hippo tang doesn't look so hot in that pic.

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2346.msg23989#msg23989 date=1188951572]
Still, by all accounts they start from the base and work up. If that were my coral, I would snap it off as close to the base as possible and dip the whole thing to see if any FW's come off the piece and know for sure - its hard to diagnose via pics. :D
[/quote]

Yup :D I agree!

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2346.msg24013#msg24013 date=1188970886]
What is this??
picture206kt8.jpg

[/quote]

Looks like one of the coralites that hasn't bleached.

i know my hippo is ugly. it has g0one through a lot and over the last few months it's right side has gotten weird. to bad it eats like a horse and is healthy as an ox.

i should point out that the pic isn't to great about the colors. the tips are all a soft blue with no bleaching. but there are several brown areas that have the bleached marks. i will post another pic to give you an idea.

ok a few more pics just so everyone can see.

the colony. i got it from matt as a 3" frag about 2 1/2 years ago.
Picture213.jpg

here is a close up of some of the bleached parts.
Picture217.jpg

since it doesn't have a base anymore. (broke off in the move) here is part of the lower section.
Picture215.jpg

like i said it doesn't have a base but what was encrusted on the rock of the base has no marks and is starting to grow.

just wanted to show you all.

I've still never seen them just on the branches, but we could discuss this to death - the only way to know is to check.

Back