High Tide Aquatics

So how do PNG and Australia deal with Coral Farming and Harvesting?

Can you clarify something for me Gresham? You say dynamite fishing is a myth, however the way I read your comments in total it seems as if you are saying it's only a myth in regard to live fish capture for the aquarium trade? Is dynamite used in fish capture for food purposes or is that hype? We've all seen the pics from the Phillipines that made rounds on the internet a few years back I'm sure, however that's the only major report I've seen on the issue. In that report, there were pictures of a national park reef that had been reduced to dead rubble, and it calls into question (for me) the effectiveness of national parks as a protection strategy.

Also, in regard to dynamite being expensive, the article I saw referred to it as "homemade dynamite" which makes it more plausible. It's fairly easy to get a big bang out of easily and cheaply sourced household chemicals, and likely the writer was simply using the term dynamite to impress his readers.

It's a myth in the use for the collection of live MO fish. Food fish it is used

Thanks for clarifying.

Sigh. My big mouth always gets me in trouble, I can barely hold myself back from making a big long post abou what I think about the whole coral farming/wild harvested issue. So far I'm succeeding.

anathema said:
Thanks for clarifying.

Sigh. My big mouth always gets me in trouble, I can barely hold myself back from making a big long post abou what I think about the whole coral farming/wild harvested issue. So far I'm succeeding.

You can make it as long as you want, but all it will do is clarify different facets of responsibility/irresponsibility, sadly there is not clear cut answer in this industry, that's just the way it is...

anathema said:
Thanks for clarifying.

I'd like to hear it. I'll toss you a frag of your choice or buy you lunch to have that discussion in Berkeley! It would be especially interesting given that we're friends for so long and yet probably disagree about some of the core issues. Ok, feel called out?

I need to get by your store, I really want one of those yellow monti's w/ the blue rim. It's caaaallling me...

But omg berkeley is in like umm there's a bridge and some highways and I'm not really sure what neighborhood that is? Outer outer sunset?

Back