So how many members do we have?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by sfsuphysics, Nov 9, 2008.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Just read the latest reefkeeping and it had a club showcase of MARS. No big deal, they got a RC club forum :D However it said it was the "largest club in Northern California" which had me wondering... no way it's bigger than BAR, they also mentioned a little over 100 members. So I looked at the members tab here, counted them up, and have 176 members that have the Current BAR member/BOD/Admin flag... I think we need to write to RK to get them to correct that oversight! :D

2. Roc

Roc Guest

it would be interesting to know what "members" means, does it mean ppl who have ever paid dues, or current due paid members, etc

3. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Very Interesting. Yeah and according to the front of the forum page we have 514 members. It would be nice o see what the criteria was that they used.

4. Elite

Elite Guest

The article was writen by their former or current prez. not RC..

To me, size doen't really matter, what the goal is is more important.

5. Roc

Roc Guest

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5125.msg63089#msg63089 date=1226250637]

[/quote]

thats what she said

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[/quote]

Absolutely! We should be happy that they are a large active club, it's a good sign.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah I wasn't disputing what MARS has done, I was simply curious about the whole "being the largest" bit if it was just bragging, or unknown information.. Hell they've done a WMC, BAR? Ehhh but then again I think they only have 100 or so members because most of them died working the event :D

Either way, I was not, nor am not trying to turn this into a "we got more posts than you" us vs them competition.

8. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=Roc link=topic=5125.msg63099#msg63099 date=1226259098]

[/quote]

thats what she said
    [/quote]

LOL yeah and that ;D

9. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5125.msg63103#msg63103 date=1226259430]
    Yeah I wasn't disputing what MARS has done, I was simply curious about the whole "being the largest" bit if it was just bragging, or unknown information.. Hell they've done a WMC, BAR? Ehhh but then again I think they only have 100 or so members because most of them died working the event :D

Either way, I was not, nor am not trying to turn this into a "we got more posts than you" us vs them competition.

[/quote]

So do we win?!

:D

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5125.msg63103#msg63103 date=1226259430]

[/quote]
    MARS has done teh WMC twice now. 2000 and 2006 IIRC

11. Elite

Elite Guest

Does it true that everytime they have the WMC, they lose some good people??

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I wasn't aware they lost anyone on the first go around so I can't say really :) I can say there are a lot of people with big hearts in MARS though :)