I took one :)
I also got from your generous cuttings:
Tricolor(mt)
Valida
war coral

I took one other coral labeled
FORMOSA STAG

Coral reefer said:
Had one in hand for round 3, Jeremy badgered me into birds of paradise instead!
hahaha.. the only reason I even went over to the SPS tables is because I heard Jeremy ranting about how no one was taking the Bird of Paradise, I would have grabbed on just to calm him down, but there was none ;)

I got these from my first frag swap:

3 frogspawns, one of which looks purplish
2 zoanthids, a "copper" one, and a green one with a fancy carcinogenic name
My first acanthastrea, red/orange with white margins

I also picked up my first DBTC frag, a hairy mushroom from GDawson. I'll put in a tracking post soon like a good DBTC participant.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of hammers, which was what I really wanted. I'm also severely disappointed for not winning the VorTech raffle :)

What a great event!
Seminole chalice
Cookie Jar's green goniopora
frogspawn
JAR's monti Viet
psammacora
green birdsnest
And a raffle prize: acan frag from Aquatic Central

emerald mummy eye - iani
tri color - seminolecpa
c-quarium unknown - seminolecpa
blue ricordea - apon
green goniopora
red monti
aog looking zoa
green skirt orange center zoa

What a great event! This was my first swap.

I scored:
Green Monti Cap from tuberider
Orange Monti Dig from Bee505 - I gave a frag of this away already!
Green Slime Staghorn
German blue Digi
Purple Monti Cap
Purple green acro
Tyree Green Leather
Blue/Green zoas
pink/red zoas
green ricordia yuma

Thanks Again

I got:

A frag of Ian's unnamed chalice
Rich's unkillable Acro (sounded like a challenge)

and

The vortech [which will be used in my frag tank to grow many more frags for next years swap]

seminolecpa said:
I got:

A frag of Ian's unnamed chalice
Rich's unkillable Acro (sounded like a challenge)

and

The vortech [which will be used in my frag tank to grow many more frags for next years swap]

How crazy was that when you won and the room went nuts as you walked up?

I was as surprised as anyone. I looked down at my tickets and thought it was 1 number after my group and was totally disappointed, only to totally change when I discovered it was actually in the strip I had just folded over. I haven't really won anything substantial since my first swap where I won a EuroReef skimmer (about 6 years ago).

BTW I booed myself for winning as I was going to claim my prize.

seminolecpa said:
BTW I booed myself for winning as I was going to claim my prize.
I can understand the guilt. The best option for you is to get rid of it...far away from the bay area as not to remind you of it. I'd suggest Santa Fe NM.

To make mattets worse Tony, I won the tank and stand Gen donated. Bryan and I just need some lighting and a sump. He has the EuroReef and Vortech and I have the tank and stand.

Its at a friends house to be used for his future mantis tank. He also got the frag tank I won a few years ago at one of our swaps. Oh, and a lighting set up I won at a NJ Reefers swap.

GreshamH said:
Its at a friends house to be used for his future mantis tank. He also got the frag tank I won a few years ago at one of our swaps. Oh, and a lighting set up I won at a NJ Reefers swap.

I could supply some Reef Nutrition raffle winnings. Oh wait...

Blue Stag - JAR
Sunset Monti - SeminoleCPA
Green/Blue Cyphastrea - Twisted
Lavender Pocillopora - Twisted
Blastomussa - Borcher
Green Pocillopora
Green Monti Cap - tfpets

I really wanted a sunset monti, so that was awesome. The rainbow acan/chalice out there eluded me. Maybe next time. :)

I picked up a God of War collection for PS/3 ;)

Then I also got a slightly less crowded tank, since I dumped about 30 ricordias and green mushrooms off at the freebie table, and sold three beautiful, though overcrowding RBTAs

Mostly, I got an hour or two of breathing room while my wife took the girls to the playground and I was at the swap.

Next time I'll get my entrance fee pre-paid ... grrr!

But I DID get re-excited about the hobby. My interest tends to wane as I am forced to neglect the tank in favour of my toddlers and I need an injection of Reef madness every once in a while!

V

I heard a lot of talk about your donations so I can assure you people where very happy to receive those. Awesome way to show club support :)

I also got that kick in the butt inspiration to keep my interests peaked :) Oddly though I want to downgrade my plans on setting up the 150 and going with a 2x2 cube or something :lol:

seminolecpa said:
Wondering who got all of those Blood Orange chalices I put in. I think I had about 20 frags on the tables but don't see any on people's lists.

Bryan, you didn't tell me to pick up those chalices when I asked about picking strategy....

I froze in round 1, ended up with a small frag of a red chalice (newhobby)

Other loot:
"some le chalice" kind of yellow with bright green eyes (Thales, also labeled "plug1"?)
purple green yuma (no handle)
orange florida ricordia (jorge macias)
red monti cap (dswong01)
candy cane

Thanks all for a great swap.

Back