SOLD OUT! Blue Sponge and Green Nepthea Frags for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by FeliciaLynn, Jun 7, 2016.

1. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

SOLD OUT!

Hi everyone! Its time to clean off my frag rack, so I'm selling some frags of my blue sponge and my green nepthea.

[​IMG]IMG_4708 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Pickup
    I'm located in Berkeley, but I can also meet people at Albany Aquarium in Albany since its just a little ways off the highway. I could also bring frags to the LFS tour this Saturday. I'll be at the Aquatic Collection and Cali Reef Company stops.

Mother Colony Information
    Here is a bit of info on the two types of frags that I'm selling as well as photos of the mother colonies.

(1) Blue Photosynthetic Sponge
    This is a very hardy and easy to care for sponge. It is completely fine with being exposed to air and it doesn't need any supplemental feeding. It has a very cool plating/encrusting growth pattern that makes it look a lot like a purple monticap. It likes moderate to high flow to prevent algae growth. It can handle pretty much any reef lighting condition. Under lower light (like for softies) it will be a pretty deep purple color. Under high light (like SPS lighting) it will take on the bright blue iridescent sheen. It grows pretty quickly, but isn't a weed since its easy to fully peel it off your rock if it gets too close to other corals. Here's an interesting article on this type of sponge:
    https://reefbuilders.com/2010/12/15/blue-photo-sponge-collospongia-auris/

And here's a photo of my mother colony.
    [​IMG]IMG_4710 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(2) Green Nepthea Leather Coral
    A hardy and colorful leather coral. Requires the same care as other leather corals and is very easy to keep happy. Its a nice vibrant green color, which will really POP under blue lighting and is even very bright under whiter lighting (like what I use in the photos).

Here is my mother colony.
    [​IMG]IMG_4715 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Frags for Sale
    Here is the list of the individual frags for sale with the prices for each. Just pm me with the frag letter(s) you would like and we'll set up payment and pickup. It will be first come first serve for each frag.

Note: The nepthea frags are not fully expanded because I was handling them. They will puff up quite a bit larger and are substantial sized frags.

(A) Blue Sponge - $15 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS A - 15 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

( B ) Blue Sponge - $20 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS B - 20 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

( C ) Blue Sponge - $20 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS C - 20 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(D) Blue Sponge - $20 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS D - 20 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(E) Blue Sponge - $25 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS E - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(F) Blue Sponge - $25 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS F -25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(G) Blue Sponge - $25 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS G - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(H) Green Nepthea - $25 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]GN H - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(I) Green Nepthea - $25 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]GN I - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(J) Combo Frag - $35 (SOLD)
    [​IMG]BS and GN J - 35 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. travis furia

travis furia Guest

Do u only ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman BOD

I'll take (e) and (I). I can meet in Berkeley or will be at Cal Reef and Diablo on Saturday for the store meets.

I can paypal in advance if you'd like or cash on Saturday.

4. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

Great! I'll put E and I on hold for you. I'll shoot you a pm to arrange payment and pickup.

5. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

I can do local pickup. I'm shipping through Nano-Reef, but I'd definitely prefer not to deal with the hassle of shipping when possible. I am in Berkeley, so I can do local pickup here or I can meet at Albany Aquarium in Albany, CA which is just a little ways off the highway. I can also bring frags to the LFS tour on Saturday. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to the whole thing, but I'll definitely be at the part at Aquatic Collection.

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I'll take the largest $20 blue sponge. I can pick it up from you at the tour on Saturday. Do you want me to just bring cash or do you have PayPal?

7. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

You guys keep selling frags before the tour. My coral fund is going to run before I even go to the fish stores. At least I can get some free pizza.

Prisonfood53 and FeliciaLynn like this.
  8. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

For the $20 sponges, B and D are still available. I believe D is the larger one. Do you want that one. I'll send you a pm now.

9. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Love the blue sponge. I would definitely need to get some when my tank is up.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  10. cbrennan4

cbrennan4 Guest

Great looking pics, especially with the lionfish photobombing

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  11. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

I'll definitely have more of this available at a later date. I have to frag the mother colony pretty regularly :)

12. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

Thank you! Yeah the lionfish was convinced that my hand was going to deliver food, so he was being a lurker while I was photographing. He was making me a tad nervous because I kept having to make sure I knew where he was so I wouldn't bump into his spines.

13. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I was actually wondering about that since he looked so close. Have you ever been stung by one of them?

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  14. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

You said the sponge isn't sensitive to air; are you able to dip them, or should they just aclimate and go in?

15. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

Nope! No stings so far and definitely hoping to never get stung. Knock on wood! I'm always very careful when I'm working on the tank. When I'm doing maintenance or have my hands in the tank for very long, I wear these really thick rubber gloves that go all the way up to my shoulders so I don't accidentally get stung. The lionfish are used to my hands by now, so its not like they'd try to attack me or even go into defensive mode. Its just that if I don't keep track of where they are, I could bump one of their spines and sting myself. If I'm just doing something where my hands will be in the tank very briefly (like taking those photos), I'll skip the gloves and just pay really close attention to where the lionfish are. The one I have to watch out for is actually the eel! He bites! He knows my hands deliver the food but he has really bad eyesight, so he just flails around biting and he's gotten my fingers on two occasions. Luckily he has a small mouth and doesn't do any actual damage. Its just surprising!

16. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

These are the hardiest sponges I've ever seen and you can leave them sitting out in air for 15 minutes or more with no issues. I haven't actually ever tried to dip it though, so I'm not positive about that. I'm curious now, so I'm going to pull a little sliver off of my mother colony and dip it in Revive and see what happens. I'll report back on that experiment tomorrow so that you all know what to do with them on Saturday. :)

17. travis furia

travis furia Guest

[​IMG] would u say my purple incrusting sponge is the same at urs or different? It's normally a deep purple but I freaked it out by adding a few lights but mine never gets any where near blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

It looks very similar, but I couldn't say for sure. The one I have will definitely take on a nice blue sheen if you put it under high lighting. I mean like SPS level lighting. I see that yours is down on the sand, so its probably not getting enough light to turn blue.

travis furia likes this.
  19. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

Thanks, everyone! I'm all sold out now, but if you missed out, I'm sure I'll have more frags of these in the future. I'll see those of you that purchased on Saturday at Aquatic Collection and Cali Reef Company :)

20. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

What kind of lights do you have these under?