SOLD OUT! Blue Sponge and Green Nepthea Frags for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by FeliciaLynn, Jun 7, 2016.

1. travis furia

travis furia Guest

Mine burns and bleaches in high light. But very similar. How do u attach ur sponge to plugs Do u super glue ur sponge to plugs or use fishing line and tie it to the plug??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

I have a Maxspect Razor LED fixture over my tank. I have the 27" model.

3. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

Weird! They must be different strains or different closely related species because mine really likes high light. I'm sure there's a point where you got overdo it, but it likes SPS level lighting and that's when it gets the best color and growth rate. I generally use thick rubber bands to hold the frags against the plugs until they attach. You have to make sure the rubber bands aren't too tight, and the thin ones don't work as well because they just cut through the flesh of the sponge.

4. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

@FeliciaLynn, so what are signs that the sponge is doing well vs signs of distress?

5. travis furia

travis furia Guest

For my sponge it goes a pale color when the lighting is wrong and when the water chemistry is not right. The tissue on the plate recedes/ dies and leaves some of the inside skeleton showing. The inside skeleton looks like fiberglass or a spiders web. When that happens I just take a razor blade and cut off any pieces I didn't like or that I think is sick. The sponge will heal quickly practically the next day. I hope this helps and doesn't give miss guarded information sense my sponge is the same species but slightly different coloration. I world assume that they are practically the same if not very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Guest

Pretty much what Travis said. If parts of it turn white and then the tissue on those areas starts to fall off, then that means the sponge isn't doing well. As long as it's a solid color with no die off then it's just fine. It doesn't have polyps or anything, so there's no polyp extension or anything like that to use as a health indicator.