Some acan

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by Elite, Aug 31, 2009.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. Elite

Elite Guest

Nothing special.. It can be cut in half if someone has a tool. My dremel died so I can't frag anything..

Rule:
    1. Gotta have the right tool to cut it.
    2. Gotta put back 2 same size frags before trading or selling.
    3. Tell us who you think the coolest person in the club :bigsmile: 8)

[​IMG]
    BTW,please don't laugh.. what color is this thing??

2. fishme

fishme Guest

Phong, I'll take a frag.

3. badbread

badbread Guest

I'd love a frag if you have another.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I have a dremel and the coolest person on the board is of course me.

4. bigdeeezy

bigdeeezy Guest

i would love a frag but no tools :(

5. Lyn

Lyn Guest

brick red with lavender frosting?

And of course you are the coolest for offering this frag. LOL :bigsmile: (Really though, we are ALL COOL! :D )

BTW, I'm not in the running for the frag. Another day perhaps. :)

6. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

I'll put my hat in for a frag. I agree w/ Lyn, color is red/ lavender. I would've said red/ pink but lavender is a better description than pink. I have a dremel w/ diamond tip. I also have the DB-100 but I don't think that's necessary.
    For coolest person in club, I'll say whomever is the founder, since I don't know who that is I'll pick the person who's put in most which I think is Jeremy- frags to swaps, DBTC & raffle.

7. Elite

Elite Guest

I like your answer Cookiejar.. When/where do you want to meet?? :)

8. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Cool! I can meet you, or go to your place this saturday, or I can meet, or go to your place, after work around 6:30-7pm.

9. Elite

Elite Guest

Nice meeting you today Bill... Hopefully the frags are ok. :)
    Thanks for stopping by..

10. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Frag has acclimated well in the area of the tank I call 'Acan land'. I'm not great on colors or names, but I'd call it a Strawberry Shortcake. It's red & putty color in bright lights, the putty color looks cooler under actinics as shown in this pic. The red/ green acan in front is from Saltwater Sig when the BAR meeting had the fragging demo and pieces were given out.

[​IMG]

11. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

frag update:
    It's been growing very well, probably around 10 heads. I dremeled off 3 heads a couple weeks ago and they're ready for a new home. I'll be at December's meeting or pickup can be at my house. Requirements are what's described in 1st post & pick a # between 1-10.

Colony pic:
    [​IMG]

frag ready for DBTC (focus is a little off):
    [​IMG]

12. melly mel

melly mel Guest

I'll try 7.

13. bigdeeezy

bigdeeezy Guest

ill try number 6

14. reefstud

reefstud Guest

I'll try #3
    and the coolest person is you !! :D

15. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

In true geek engineering style, the 1st # that came up on the random # generator is winner, which is Melly Mel. Mel- do you have a tool to cut & frag it? See you at meeting on Dec. 12.

Here are your random numbers:

7 **winning #- Melly Mel

Mel- do you have a tool to cut it when it grows?

16. melly mel

melly mel Guest

Not at the moment, but i planned on picking up a dremel sometime soon so i can frag the acan colony I have now to see how it does in other's tanks. :) BTW, I wont be at the DEC meeting, can I pick up at your place sometime?

17. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

sure you can come by my place to pick it up, it's waiting for you. PM me and we can work out a day/ time.

18. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

19. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

This acan's grown well over the past several months and I have 2 frags for back into DBTC. My pics are dark since it's under low light, but it has some really nice coloring. I'll be at the meeting this sat for LED presentation to give away 2 frags. Same rules apply as original post, keep in mind that Dremel is needed. pick # 1-10.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Sfork

Sfork Guest

#3! I have a dremel