Some Changes at the shop

Discussion in 'Diablo Corals' started by eldiablosrt8, Mar 28, 2013.

1. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

After we decided it was time to upgrade a few things, we chose our fish system first. We removed the old tanks and we started with a clean slate.

[​IMG]

Then a GOOD friend came by with his pops to help me build a crazy one off fish system stand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Now time for some super mario style plumbing for the tanks that gen at kritter made for us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my last change at the shop for this week,lol

Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

3. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Uhhh, didn't you have a car in there at one point?! ;)

4. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Nice, I like the changes!

5. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Looking good! I'm going to stop by today :)

6. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

looking good!

7. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Looks good lots of work. Nice arm tan line btw

8. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Have you considered adding a center brace? not sure about the total weight vs. span and if there could be some sagging over time. I"m not saying it's needed but I always end up overbuilding things and am used to a lot more support.

9. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

The changes look very good in person, Jess! Nice work!

10. Piper

Piper Guppy

It's looking really good over there, Jess! I can't wait to see fish in your new system. Especially that orphaned yellow wrasse over in the other tank that needs a new home :)

~Charlie

11. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

We couldnt do most of it without you bud, btw blaise laughed hella hard when he read this this morning

12. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Hey, I recognize that guy! This is damn fine work!

13. Piper

Piper Guppy

We went with 2x6s and made sure the bow was going up when we mounted them to the wall just to be safe. The top tank, if I remember correctly, was around 75 total gallons and that won't be a whole lot of weight in any one spot being dispersed over 8' like that. The bottom tank was ~125 gallons and Jess left enough room in front of the sump to put center support in down the road if it does start to sag.

I usually overbuild too. In all reality, we probably could have gotten away with 2x4s all the way around and never had a problem. But since it was Jess' money we opted for the 2x6s :)

~Charlie

14. Very slick! Great planning and construction, gentlemen!

15. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Updates.......... we have added some equipment and finished 85% of the lighting for the fish system

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have a small shipment of fish and CUC due to arrive this week, i think this new system will allow us to better serve you guys with tank raised and captive bred fish. Hope you Enjoyed the pics......

16. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Looking good there, Jess!

17. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

looks nice.