1. The 2014 BAR Members Only Frag Swap is today!

Become a member in order to participate in today's swap!
  2. Hey Bay Area Reefers!

Please excuse the mess as we're currently sorting out some technical issues with our new home page as it has thrown off our website URLs a bit.

Thank you for your patience!

Your Webmin

Source for Coral skeletons

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by LeviT, Aug 29, 2017.

1. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Hi everyone! It's been WAY too long!! I wish I was posting to say I was starting up a tank but despite my love of the hobby it's still not in the cards right now. I am however looking for a reputable source for coral skeletons (branches or whole colonies). I can find them on ebay at reasonable prices but i'd prefer to know where they came from (who hasn't had a tank crash and lost coral :) ) and hobby cultivated skeletons that were lost unintentionally would be best.

What am I using them for you ask? I have a side hobby making custom materials for things like knife handles, pens and bottle stoppers (and just about anything you can make on a lathe).

I'd be more than happy to renew my membership and post this in the buy sell trade forum if people here have stuff to sell but my intent was for a reputable (cost effective if possible) lead.

Thanks again!!

ps, I'm due for a new BAR shirt (my red and blue ones are worn out) if you guys still have some :)

2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I usually just toss my dead ones. I didn't think there'd be anyone out there that would want them.

You can get a new shirt at the upcoming frag swap. I think they're $20.

Coral reefer likes this.
  3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Thanks.

4. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman BOD

5. LeviT

LeviT Guest

:) I know how that is. Feel free to send me a message if you want to lighten your skeleton load :)

6. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

i turn mine into crushed coral and give it to my jawfish for his burrow