got ethical husbandry?

South Bay Tank Tour!!

Brandi, I just set up the RSVP as a google form. It automatically generates a google doc spreadsheet with the list of RSVPs for you. Easy and convenient :)

Hi my name is Jim.
I am a new member.
I would like to participate in the South Bay Tank Tour.
I am new to saltwater, I am planning my first tank and I would like to
see different peoples tanks for ideas.
How does this tour work? How, where, when do I get a map?
I would volunteer but I am afraid it would keep me from seeing other peoples tanks.
Maybe next year I will have something to show.
I do have a nice freshwater planted tank. Pictures are on my Welcome forum thread (Jim123).
Anyway, I for sure don't want to miss the tour. Let me know how to participate.

Thanks much, Jim

Hey Jim!!

We look forward to you coming along! Please make sure that you come to Saturday's meeting, just so everyone can get a chance to meet you and get to know you :)

Time and date are in the earlier posts of this thread, but here they are again, for everyone, just in case. :)

Time: 1PM
Date: June 9th

Let's meet up around 12:45PM?? Our apartment is in walking distance of the Grocery Outlet (right across the street) so when everyone gets there, we can meet up, walk over there, and that way, it will give any late comers a chance to catch up with us before we leave and go to the next tank. :)

Hi i am really interested in the member tank tour. how can i sign up? do i just show up at grocery outlet in san jose on sunday?

thanks

Michael

mikecom said:
Hi i am really interested in the member tank tour. how can i sign up? do i just show up at grocery outlet in san jose on sunday?

thanks

Michael

Hey there. :) Make sure you sign up to become a BAR member and pay the $30 dues. And just so we are not inviting random people into all of our homes, please show up at Saturday's meeting so we have a chance to get to know you. Once you've done that, feel free to show up at the Grocery Outlet on Sunday ^.^

Yup :) Sorry they are late. We got home late so the email went out late = /

San Jose: Brandie and Denzil
San Jose: Becho's (he's like, 5 min away from us)
Los Gatos: Vadim's
Moutain View: Bill
Fremont: Matt

Wrap up at Neptunes around 4:30pmish, and if anyone wants to head to Matt's afterwards we can do that as well. :) I'll get a better head count to let him know when everyone get's here. First three are all relatively close, so the driving won't be too bad. Even Mt View and Fremont aren't far from here :)

It was a great tour! Loved meeting and getting to know more folks. Beautiful tanks. Good discussions on, well, all aspects of reefkeeping!!

Did anybody that took pics want to post some?

Special thanks to Brandie for getting this all together and Denzil for driving!

I got home about 11PM and had to deal with my purchase from Neptune. Lightning, thunder and Starry Blenny acclamation, Oh MY!

Thank you to everyone who showed up and went on the tour with us!!! I thought it went well, although it was a little long.

I know that Craig snapped some pictures, but unfortuntately both Denzil and John left their cameras behind = /

Really enjoyed meeting everyone :D Sorry for the late post. Ended up getting home and passing out LOL.

Special thanks to Brandie and Denzil for heading up the tour, and to all the members who generously allowed a stampede of people into their homes to view their tanks!

There are a lot more tanks in the South Bay, and we will definitely need another tank tour to see them.

Back