Spectrapure Group Buy part 5 -

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Raddogz, Feb 28, 2008.

1. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

I have to say Litermeter III was one of the best investment I made. I've been using it for over 4 years with no problem. I have to change the tube out when I used it with my kalk reactor but with just H2O, the tube doesn't get as brittle.

2. tonggao

tonggao Guest

I used a Litermeter III with two extra motors(total of 3 pumps) without any problem for the last one and half a year, even though I hated the initial amount of $$$ I have to pay :D.

3. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Tom - what ro/di stages do you have now?

4. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Tom, you can call spectrapure and ask them, they are pretty helpful.

5. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

Eileen I have two of them in series, with one waste line feeding into the other to cut back on the waste and then dual DI at the end.

Arnold, I check their website and it looks like the upgrade is just a dual DI filter.

6. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Sorry two of what?

My ro/di system is setup like this - 100gpd not Spectrapure

Sediment filter, carbon, carbon, ro membrane, maxcap, and then di.

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=3205.msg40821#msg40821 date=1208394242]
    Eileen I have two of them in series, with one waste line feeding into the other to cut back on the waste and then dual DI at the end.

Arnold, I check their website and it looks like the upgrade is just a dual DI filter.
    [/quote]

Two membranes? The typical use of dual membranes is to feed them both off a T'ed line and have two waste lines.

8. northbay-reefer

Raddogz, I have two RO membranes, I feed the waste line of the first membranes into the second membrane to reduce waste water.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Use the waste water to water your plants :)

10. northbay-reefer

The waste water line is connected to the drip system, so am doing it :D

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

...if only we could easily dump our SW waterchange water onto the plants (and not kill them :p)
    I would use the fert enchanced FWplanted tank water for my house plants :D

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

No matter your needs don't go lower tehn 90gpd. The waste to product water ratio changes pretty hard below 90gpd. I use a 180gpd and my need is like 2 gallons a day + 20 a week. I like my holding tanks to get filled as quickly as possiable and get the lowest waste water output I can. I may ditch the RO part and go all commercial DI in the long run to save money.

13. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Anyone know what included with the 90gpd unit listed in the PDF?
    http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~maxcap~action~view~idProduct~SP1711~idCategory~FIRORDNH~category~SpectraPure_MaxCap_RO_DI_System__90gpd_w__Pressure_Gauge___Purity_Monitor_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Reverse_Osmosis_RO_DI_90_180_GPD_Units~vendor~.html

It doesn't sound like it but I can't find anything without the pressure gauges and monitors.

14. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Edit:

The one on MD is the same one they are offerring us but at $100 more (MD is 369 and they are offerring us 269) :( the MD 90gpd is a MaxCap from what I can tell.

15. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3205.msg41386#msg41386 date=1208900076]
    No matter your needs don't go lower tehn 90gpd. The waste to product water ratio changes pretty hard below 90gpd. I use a 180gpd and my need is like 2 gallons a day + 20 a week. I like my holding tanks to get filled as quickly as possiable and get the lowest waste water output I can. I may ditch the RO part and go all commercial DI in the long run to save money. [/quote]
    Gesh, you are talking about the water pure... places like Jeremy (tuberider) uses? I pay about 75 cents per gallon for RODI from my LFS and this should pay for itself but if the water from the commercial places are cheaper then maybe there is one in my area.....

16. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3205.msg41389#msg41389 date=1208900784]
    Edit:

The one on MD is the same one they are offerring us but at $100 more (MD is 369 and they are offerring us 269) :( the MD 90gpd is a MaxCap from what I can tell.[/quote]
    Thanks! They don't list the details in the pdf so I wasn't sure.

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=3205.msg41390#msg41390 date=1208901014]
    [quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3205.msg41386#msg41386 date=1208900076]
    No matter your needs don't go lower tehn 90gpd. The waste to product water ratio changes pretty hard below 90gpd. I use a 180gpd and my need is like 2 gallons a day + 20 a week. I like my holding tanks to get filled as quickly as possiable and get the lowest waste water output I can. I may ditch the RO part and go all commercial DI in the long run to save money. [/quote]
    Gesh, you are talking about the water pure... places like Jeremy (tuberider) uses? I pay about 75 cents per gallon for RODI from my LFS and this should pay for itself but if the water from the commercial places are cheaper then maybe there is one in my area.....
    [/quote]

I'm talking about services like Culigan where they install a large filter and come out and recharge it every so often. For most people this his major over kill...you can get decent sized DI's from places like SpectraPure for cheaper but the charges cost more if you are using a lot of water.

18. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

So I guess no GB ever happened? I've been thinking about a LM3...

V

19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

we didn't hit the $500 mark.

20. Elite

Elite Guest

If you guy setting up another GB, I need to get a new TDS meter..