Reef nutrition

Spectrapure Ultra Precise Level Controller (Auto-top off) is completely awesome!

I finally broke down and bought this very expensive pump. I feed it into my kalk-mixer (which is always out of kalk so it's not even that!) from a 5g water-cooler bottle.

This thing is so awesome!

I connected two 5g bottles via siphon (yes, very difficult to do, but it worked) and left for 2 weeks during the Christmas holidays. I also "Preloaded" my sump with extra RO water.

The Spectrapure's backup float valve prevented it from working until the bonus water in the sump dropped down to where the level sensor was...then it worked great from there. I came home and everything was great, the two bottles were nearly empty (next time I'm going to use an old aquarium as a water reservoir, since two bottles connected by siphon is very tenous).

It was pretty expensive, but it took over for a now-broken medical pump and a Bulk Reef Supply "Drew's Doser". The Drew's Doser doesn't provide enough water flow to match evaporation.

Now I don't have to worry about ATO except to top off the reservoir. I love this thing. Just don't anyone mention how much it costs.

V

Back