Neptune Aquatics

Spoon v2.0 - IM Nuvo 16 + Kessil + Apex

Update - 5/22/14

Here are some iPhone pics..I'll try my best to take real pics later, I've just been too busy to get setup with the camera.

I'll also post my parameters tonight. I've been steadily trying to raise my alkalinity and calcium levels over the past week or so dosing B-Ionic, it's getting there nicely it seems!

ysesaras.jpg

Got Glue?

CorAffix. I hate it. It worked though, and I got my pieces attached where I wanted them. I got tired of my crab knocking them over lol, poor guy doesn't know how big his shell is.

9upygary.jpg

One of my X-Games Nassarius Snails slithered out of my tank and went skydiving, noticed the shell on the carpet the other day. That will work out though because I may need to remove them all, as I hear they tend to attack the feet of clams, and I want to pick up a Crocea or Maxima here in the coming weeks. Anyone know anything about that?

Giving Thanks

I want to publicly thank @neuro and @Devon for graciously offering DBTC frags to me that you can see displayed in my updated FTS above. I cannot wait for these babies to grow and I'm excited for opportunities to post my own frags for DBTC adventures! Montipora is my favorite coral ever, right? So I think I may be creating a Montipora dominant nano. ;)

6yjyne4y.jpg

@blueprintguy has also offered a piece to me but I haven't yet the chance to pick it up. Hopefully soon, and I will post pics when I do! And @Navdeep was kind enough to offer me a two-head plug of beautiful hammer that was cleaned and saved from certain death.

hy4ysaze.jpg
Thanks guys! And yeah, @Devon was telling me the exact same thing last night! ;)

Speaking of Devon..

8edy3e8a.jpg

It's refreshing..it's not like the Hefe over at Buffalo Bill's though. Theirs has some "spice" to it. This Shock Top one almost seems like it's brewed with apples (which might be the case lol).

Shock Top is owned by Coors I think? Of course I much prefer local brews. But it's a good beer, worth a try. It's very refreshing on a hot ass day. Chicks will LOVE it.

Here's a FTS from today. Can you spot the differences!?

:beer:

14122930508_370f5a44cf_h.jpg

@Devon @dswong @siokoy @neuro You guys are the best, thanks so much for your generosity. I can't wait to pay it back (and forward!).

Last edited:
I agree really nice point and shoot shots. I that us the huge part about led though - can just tweak the colors for a photo shoot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here's a FTS from today. Can you spot the differences!?

Looks like the hammer moved over closer to the big rock and something (monti?) was added to the little rock.

It looks great. I love the asymmetry. I've thought about doing a tank like that and just lighting one side.

Looks like the hammer moved over closer to the big rock and something (monti?) was added to the little rock.

It looks great. I love the asymmetry. I've thought about doing a tank like that and just lighting one side.

Thanks man! Asymmetry I think is key when trying to capture the attention of a viewer. Bright ass corals also work too I hear. ;)

The hammer moved over slightly behind the 2nd rock, shaded by the Monti Cap above. The hammer was wide open when I first got him, but last few days he would only open half way. Two reasons I think: it was getting 100% of the light which I'm sure it might not like #1, and #2 the flow right there in the middle on the sandbed looked like it was just blowing all of the tentacles (is that right?) to one side pretty hard.

So as soon as I moved him to the shad next to the rock with little flow, he opened right up almost immediately. We'll see how he fares back there. You can still view him from the front although he is partially obstructed. But, I like viewing my tank from the sides too, so the cool thing is that I have a very nice view of him from the RS. So it ends up working out hopefully.

Got both clowns to eat! The black one ate right away, the orange one is more timid and took him until yesterday to eat.

They still sort of confine themselves to a "corner", which I hope they will grow out of soonish. But the black one is much more adventurous for sure; he came out in front and chased a mysis around, and I got them both to eat out of tweezers!

Wow, it's been about a year! Well, I'm still here. And so is the nano.

Went away for vacation this past weekend, and my Apex decided to fail on me. Fallback mode saved the tank, I'm fortunate for that. Taking accountability now, and figuring out what to do next.

Back