Squirt no workey

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by Thales, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Thales

Thales Past President

I opened it up and the drum doesn't turn, but the motor makes noise. Any idears?

2. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

I'm not sure how the squirt works, but my 4-way also did the sama after a snail crawled (do snails crawl?) into the drum and messed it up. I had to open up the whole thing and found that the motor was doing fine but had worn away the plastic socket that it fitted in.

I had to repair the wear, filled the gaps and it has been fine since..

3. Thales

Thales Past President

I actually talked to Paul from OM last night. My motor went bad. They are sending me a new one for no charge. I LOVE those guys!

4. capescuba

Another smart guy from England!!!!

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

who are the others?? ;)

6. HammerHead

HammerHead Guest

I had a problem with my SUPERSQUIRT the fittings on 2 of the 1" outputs where not glued. he is sending me a new body.

7. Thales

Thales Past President

I have never see a customer with customer service like OceansMotions. Simply amazing.

8. Elite

Elite Guest

For the price that they charge for those thing, they better have great customer service :D

9. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Not all do unfortunately. The crazy thing is this is not an easy feat for Paul as his operations is located in Canada. :D

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Rich, if it's a normal squirt, I have a spare to get your running again right now.

11. bareefers

bareefers BOD

I heard that the squirts could be loud on occassion... can anyone post personal experiences with noise levels and the squirt, super squirt and 4 way ? :)

Thanks

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Squirt IMO is pretty darn quiet. Love the thing.

13. capescuba

When I bought my OM 4-Way I'll always remembers Pauls email response to me asking how loud it was:

About as loud as this email :D

14. Elite

Elite Guest

That's funny :lol:

15. skooter571

skooter571 Supporting Member

kind of off topic but which would you recommend for a 50g tank. OM squirt or a squid?

16. Thales

Thales Past President

Squirt over a SCWD any day. The SCWD tends to gum up and can reduce flow by 40% and you only get 2 outlets. I had to replace my SCWD three times in one year, so the price for each seem on par.

That was so badly written. Me sleepy!

17. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

I would take a Squirt anyday over a SCWD.

I bought two - One of the two worked well for about four to six months and then clogged (overflowed my tank twice) - I threw it in the garbage can. The second one (brand new) I donated to the raffle.

I hooked up the Squirt and have never looked back - one of the best darn investments I ever bought.

18. bareefers

bareefers BOD

What's a 'Squirt'?

19. capescuba

http://www.oceansmotions.com/

20. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

A little kid according to my grandpa :D

"come here, you little squirt"