High Tide Aquatics

Steinhart Aquarium visit

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Cerissa and I visited the place for the first time and we really had a great time. The best part, we get to see Rich and Matt working in their element...catching a Kline butterfly...in thousand gallons aquarium....with itty bitty nets....priceless!

Enjoy the photos...

Brave clown!
SAM_1157.jpg

SAM_1154.jpg

SAM_1151.jpg

SAM_1142.jpg

SAM_1136.jpg

SAM_1135.jpg

SAM_1134.jpg

SAM_1133.jpg

SAM_1132.jpg

SAM_1131.jpg

SAM_1099.jpg

SAM_1094.jpg

SAM_1093.jpg

SAM_1089.jpg

These palythoi grandis are huge and so cool looking! I want one so bad!
SAM_1081.jpg

SAM_1078.jpg

SAM_1075.jpg

SAM_1064.jpg

SAM_1059.jpg

Overall, it was a great day! Till the building's emergency system went off and every one had to evacuate the building...lol. Can't wait to go back!

I was there last week myself. I saw that same cuttlefish. I think it was in the "feather duster" exhibit.

I'll always have a weak spot for cephs.

Did you guys see any other cuttlefish on display?

Nice pics!

Now, if someone could just arrange a behind the scenes group trip for BAR members + family .....
Just a thought.

That has happened several times now... no free rides though, you and the family would have to buy tickets.

Hey Robert!

It was good to see you if only for a minute across the water! One of these days I'll get to show you around!

Thales said:
Hey Robert!

It was good to see you if only for a minute across the water! One of these days I'll get to show you around!

Hey Rich!

It was good to see you too....especially in your scuba gear! The whole butterfly catching episode was priceless. I think I must have laughed for 5 minutes 'cuz I couldn't imagine how you guys would catch that small fish in that big tank with that small net. Lmao!!!!

Did you guys catch him yet, by any chance?

sfsuphysics said:
Alright, what's the story on why you needed to catch the butterfly :D

1,000,000:1 odds it was eating something it shouldn't be ;)

Apon said:
No the butterfly is still in there

care to elaborate beyond that, like to the effect of why capture it? it was eating something, right?

GreshamH said:
sfsuphysics said:
Alright, what's the story on why you needed to catch the butterfly :D

1,000,000:1 odds it was eating something it shouldn't be ;)

I should have elaborated, how did they get in there? The ol' "hey I was told Klein's are reef safe" alibi? I know they got the large Imperator in there as well, and I guess as long as he's well fed who cares :D

Speaking of butterfly, was their aiptasia in the big tank? I know I've seen it in quite a few smaller ones, but I didn't think those systems were attached to the big one.

We were able to catch the butterfly today. It took a while to learn where the good 'funnel' to a barrier net was.

There are several fish in the reef that I wouldn't want in there, but they got us through opening. Now, its time to remove them so we can let the corals take hold to the point where a little predation from fish won't be a big deal.

Getting in tomorrow to place several acros from grow out. Yah!

Back