Neptune Aquatics

Steinhart opens on the 27th!

100x better eh, doubt that unless they have a chovie tank as well :D

I think that the coral tank and the integration of aquaria and rainforest exhibits will make the Steinhart distinct from the MBA, but it's tough to compete with the scale of the MBA for overall impressiveness.

OK it's not 100 times better but it's much much better IMO :).. I like it not just because it has a big reef tank. It has so much other stuff to see.

Do they still have the dinosaur stuff??

HA! I love that anchovy tank at the MBA, just look up and see them circling around you in a huge area, plus its quite dark IIRC so it gives you a feel of calm.

Phong it should settled down, I plan on swinging by at least once a week, however most likely not on weekends just to get a feel of the crowds. I'm hoping to hit that special time after the schools go home, before they close things down... when it's quite a bit more quiet.

I cant wait to see the new place, but honestly I feel a bit of sadness with so many youthful memories of the aligator pit with the 2 headed snake next to it!

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4553.msg55751#msg55751 date=1221585565]
Fricken Mike, you're sooooo lucky :)
[/quote]
I dunno about lucky, last time I went to GG park I had to park near 19th just to get over there, which wasn't bad maybe 10 minute walk, but still. Of course that was a Saturday, I do plan on doing many weekday visits :D

Daniel: That snake died ages ago, I remember it too, that whole reptile/amphibian area was so neat, big pit with gators and turtles in it.

man that brought back some memories. i was so young when i first saw that snake.

I hope to be able to go next weekend, once again work is calling for an OT day :(

Opening day is going to be a madhouse! I believe they are expecting people to start lining up at 6 am when GGP opens. The Academy opens at 930 to 9 with an opening ceremony at 830 am. Sat the 27th will be free, and first come first served. Sunday will not be free, and it it recommended that you buy tickets online. Memberships will be available for sale on Sunday, but not on Saturday. There will be all kinds of entertainment outside the Academy on both days. Check www.calacademy.org for details.

:D

Wow.....

but the sound guy needs to be shot! As does who ever allowed that audio to go on the net! Boo hiss CBS5, we've got standards :D

So if any of ya'll are going tomorrow, look for an asian guy with his girlfriend. :) I"ll be there round 730 for god know's what reason (she wants to go)

I should get there around 11. From 12 - 1 I'll be at the gar tank and from 2-3 I'll be at the freshwater stingrays, so come say hi! From 3 to 9 Matt will be alternating with Charles at the Reef/shark lagoon.

10 BAR bucks to whomever can tell which displays I decorated. :D

Coolbeenz Mr. Aquatic Biologist!!
Also look for the Matt Wandell day/night tank with the pretty LPS. I think the various shrimp are very well presented too, especially the ones on the giant euphyllia heads. I look forward to having a whole day sometime to just walk around.

[quote author=Thales link=topic=4553.msg56791#msg56791 date=1222494091]

I should get there around 11. From 12 - 1 I'll be at the gar tank and from 2-3 I'll be at the freshwater stingrays, so come say hi! From 3 to 9 Matt will be alternating with Charles at the Reef/shark lagoon.

10 BAR bucks to whomever can tell which displays I decorated. :D
[/quote]

10 sump bucks or real money? Can I play, that's half the cost of me driving to Alameda to claim the prize :p

Back