Cali Kid Corals

Steinhart opens on the 27th!

Rich called me and said "BAR bucks"....I'm not sure how much those are but I do know if I put two into the DBTC everyone will have one soon :p

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4553.msg56816#msg56816 date=1222539286]
Sump bucks... am I in.... wait... I thought I was on a different forum for a second.
[/quote]

The Fury Fetish Forum is that way --->

Thales- don't know you but I would love to meet and talk about everything going on behind the scenes. I used to volunteer @ Birch in San Diego and have grown up w/ MBA. Probably saw you as I was in the area from 10- about 4.

By the way, do you know a guy named Sam working @ Fujitsu?

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=4553.msg56793#msg56793 date=1222495259]
Coolbeenz Mr. Aquatic Biologist!!
Also look for the Matt Wandell day/night tank with the pretty LPS. I think the various shrimp are very well presented too, especially the ones on the giant euphyllia heads. I look forward to having a whole day sometime to just walk around.
[/quote]

Hey, no fair telling Jim! :) I can't say I had any part in the design/construction/plumbing/"rockwork" of that tank, anyhow.

Way cool vid of the albino gator getting yanked out of his travel box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvbJNeukq4M&feature=related

Hey Matt, does there happen to be any plan to document the growth of the main tank? Seems to me a picture a week for a few years would make a kickass slideshow/movie.

Well if you're going to be there all day my advice is to first go straight for the rain forest exhibit, the line backs up pretty quickly although it does move fairly fast sometimes (especially if its not a holiday with a ton of people!). You might want to swing by one side of the planetarium (other side of the aquarium walkway) and get a ticket for that, although if you're there all day you can do that after the rain forest, it just might be a bit later.

Everything else is pretty much a non issue, aquarium part is downstairs so you can view all of that at your leisure. weekday shouldn't have any issues for getting to the roof to see that. There is a 3d bugs show on the 2nd floor, you might want to grab a ticket for that too (btw all tickets are free once you get into the place).

Is Friday a holiday? I know on Veteran's day it was a mad house at the park, I thought most would celebrate it on Monday to get a 3day weekend out of it but no way Jose no parking anywhere.

Thanks Mike.. I don't think it's a holiday. My boys's school has a teachers in service day off. Hopefully it's not too crowned. I'm wondering if they will close the road on that day.

Wait... You're going on Friday of next week? November 28th? That's the day after thanksgiving, NO schools are in session, it's going to be crowded as all hell, if you seriously want to go get there before 9am just to find parking!

Oh, then it should be fine then :D

I would still advise going early if at all possible though, I got there when it opened and I went straight for the aquarium part, there was literally no one else but me in the main viewing panel for a good 5 minutes, oh man that was sweet!

They don't open until 11AM right?? We will try to be there early. Planning to stay there most of the day. I like to check out the tea garden too. I haven't been up there since they closed for the remodelling..

11am is sunday time, every other day they open at 9:30am.

Also I might be wrong on the days but the tea garden is free before 10am on Monday Weds and I think Friday, its been a while since I looked at the sign outside of it. More inspiration to go early and save a few bucks.

hey did anyone gets their membership cards yet? I joined in september but still didn't get the membership packect from them?

Back