Steve’s LED with Hurricane controller?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by wbrosha, Jul 9, 2018.

1. wbrosha

wbrosha Guest

I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this system? The tank I purchased is a Red Sea Max 130d with a Steve’s LED upgraded lighting package and a hurricane controller. It seems really nice and has worked well for the 8 months I’ve had it. I was just checking what you all have heard or think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Reef Geek 3D Printed

I used to have a biocube with the stevesled upgrade and the Typhon controller. It worked quite well

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I'm not familiar with the Hurricane controller, however if it's based off the Storm controller software (which wouldn't surprise me since I see he has Hurricane and Hurricane X and there's a Storm and Storm X) I'm not a fan of that controller. The main reason is the lights on/off are all based around the same time, what I mean is if you have say 2 channels you can delay one channel from the other, so start one 30 minutes, and hour whatever, later but you can't run them independent, like channel one from 8-11am, then channel from 11-3pm, then channel one again from 3-6pm. Little minor thing that may not be an issue for most but it was something that bugged me. I liked the Typhon one a lot better. The FishBit mini is also a neat one if you want to do wireless stuff via your phone.

4. wbrosha

wbrosha Guest

I like the system it’s just interesting figuring out the intensity of blues vs whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk