Neptune Aquatics

Sticky food.

What I like about the idea of combining them isn’t price but that seems like there would less waste, and picky pickers would get good nutritional food

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think you would also be training the fish to eat LRS, and could transition off the masstick eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real question is ... how can we make our own sticky food?

With a blender and a trip to Ranch 99, you can make some good fish food. (ie; blended up seafood with some nori in it) ... but how do you make some sort of sticky edible paste with it? I was thinking ... flour? Like a sticky dough?

Sounds like a nice experimental project ...

The real question is ... how can we make our own sticky food?

With a blender and a trip to Ranch 99, you can make some good fish food. (ie; blended up seafood with some nori in it) ... but how do you make some sort of sticky edible paste with it? I was thinking ... flour? Like a sticky dough?

Sounds like a nice experimental project ...

"Natural feedstuffs that make good binders are fresh animal tissue and cooked starch. Blood, slaughter waste from fish, poultry or livestock, trash fish, and cooked grains or grain byproducts have been used successfully to bind moist fish feeds."
http://www.fao.org/docrep/x5738e/x5738e0n.htm

How about "Agar Agar?" It's basically algae based "jello". You can blend up your food (mysis, day old sushi, etc) then pour in agar agar to make a gel food.

I might try this for fun!

Back