got ethical husbandry?

Store tank water contamination or nah?

I was acclimating a fish and like most I take the fish out of the bag manually to avoid mixing store tank water with my water. By accident the water dumped into my tank. Im sure some ppl dont mind but I get worried about stuff like that. Can you all give me some reassurance? Was that very risky lol sorry.

Yup depends on the source. Some stores run a low level of copper or have some kind of medication through their fish system. If it really bothers you, run some Polyfilter and see if it absorbs whatever they are running. Could call the store and ask if they have anything in the water too.

Sounds like only a small amount of the store water got in your tank. I'm sure it's totally fine bro.

The chances of you getting some sort of pest or disease is pretty slim, depending on where the water came from.

Yup depends on the source. Some stores run a low level of copper or have some kind of medication through their fish system. If it really bothers you, run some Polyfilter and see if it absorbs whatever they are running. Could call the store and ask if they have anything in the water too.
Not sure this is good advice. Have heard poly filters have copper in them...

I don't have source. I believe that if you had suoer low or zero copper poly filter would actually raise it though. Not entirely reef safe I believe.

Back