Strombus snails

Discussion in 'DBTC - Other' started by zepplock, Aug 6, 2010.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. zepplock

zepplock Guest

2. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

Thanks again Vlad, these snails are great for a small tank. They remind me of smaller version of the nassarius snail with the long proboscis and shell shape. I hope they reproduce in my tank. I saw one of my stomatella's releasing eggs or gametes or whatever and my sixline saw this and bit him in the face. Man that wrasse is a such a jerk.

3. Tamazula

Tamazula Guest

That made me laugh, trying to imagine the wrasse interrupting the Stomatella love fest. What a buzzkill.

Anyone have these snails available?

4. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

Those are really cool snails, they reproduce like mad in my tank.

5. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I would be interested in a few of these as well. I'd be happy to put some stomatellas into the pot on the off chance that there's anyone who doesn't already have them.

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'd take a few. Never too many snails!

7. zepplock

zepplock Guest

I'll bring several packs with Strombus snails for people still interested.
    Just come and find me at the swap.

8. Tamazula

Tamazula Guest

Sweet... Save some for me. :)

9. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Cool I'll look for you too.

10. bondolo

Thanks for bringing the strombus snails and tracking me down. Hopefully they will have replicated enough by next swap that I can contribute some back.

11. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Could I be put in line for just one? I can pick it up at the April meeting. :)

12. anathema

Thank you for the snails!

13. Tamazula

Tamazula Guest

Thanks for finding me and for the snails. One of the few times I think I'll ever hear "Hey, I have some snails to give you". I suppose it's better than "Hey, I have some crabs to give you".

Hope they do well.

14. anathema

Yes, thanks for the snails they are crawling around exploring their new home. Hopefully it' s a romantic setting.

15. Has anyone got 3-4 of these guys to spare? I will be at the meeting this Saturday.

16. bondolo

I can bring some. I have quite a few in my tanks.

17. That would be much appreciated, Mike!

18. jugato

jugato Guest

I can also bring some on Sat. if anyone wants some.

19. bondolo

Doh, I won't be bringing any strombus snails. Sorry.

I thought I was replying on the Stomatella thread. Sorry. I have 1-2 strombus which I got at the swap but they haven't reproduced yet (and I lowered by odds by accidentally dipping one in povidone with a rock. After a 15 minute dip he was dead, quite dead.).

Need any stomatella?

20. Sfork

Sfork Guest

Mike I would like some stomatella for the new tank if you could spare some :). I'll be at the meeting.

I also have some Purple/burgendy banded Trochus Snails. That I could bring for you mike or anyone else that wants some.
    http://www.qualitymarine.com/News/Species-Spotlight/Trochus-Snail-(10/08/08)
    Mine always spawn, but then again my temp swings sometimes. This site says temp swings cause spawning.