Jestersix

SUCKS! my TPM STNing....

The TPM has been in tank for over a year and has always been doing well till about two weeks ago, it start very slow but steady tissue loss from bottom of one branch, then to other two. Seeing no sign of recovery, last night I split it into three and placed them into different locations. This coral really grow slow but I really love the deep purple, hope I can keep a seed forward.

IMG_6360_resize.JPG

Planned to grow it bigger and DBTC , right now might be a good chance but I have to wait awhile till these frags appear to be sustainable.

BigMac said:
I just lost one of my oldest corals this way.. I fraged it up to save it, but it just didnt make it.

Sorry to hear that, it sucks! Mine is not even colony yet. All params are fine and majority of other corals are fine, doubt it is due to flow cause the bottom tissue loss is at the side which receive stronger flow. I have two MP40W on opposite side of 75G, 100% reefcrest in sync mode, tank is pretty open, don't have lot of rocks and no big colony as well.

Purple Monster has white polyps. The look a likes from SI have polyps like yours :)

http://www.dynamicecomorphology.com/stevepurple.htm

GreshamH said:
Purple Monster has white polyps. The look a likes from SI have polyps like yours :)

Thanks Gresh, I read the page carefully. You could be right, I should have just call it PM. I was told by the people who sold me the frag, that it is TPM, and I am not the type of person who goes digging for lineage (I feel once a reefer told me the name it is dis-respectful to ask further for lineage). The color of polyps on tip is normally white, I remember the polyps on lower body change color depending on how happy it was at the time.
Anyway the best to tell is the form factor after it grow to colony, but looks like it's gonna be looooong way to be there, or not at all.

They are thick that's for sure.

In the past I've fragged up and recombined later without any issues, it gets you back to having a colony in no time

ryanjiang said:
GreshamH said:

Thanks Gresh, I read the page carefully. You could be right, I should have just call it PM. I was told by the people who sold me the frag, that it is TPM, and I am not the type of person who goes digging for lineage (I feel once a reefer told me the name it is dis-respectful to ask further for lineage). The color of polyps on tip is normally white, I remember the polyps on lower body change color depending on how happy it was at the time.
Anyway the best to tell is the form factor after it grow to colony, but looks like it's gonna be looooong way to be there, or not at all.

PM still refers to EPM and TPM. IF yours is a look-a-like it would be a "looks like a PM" ;)

The form factor of a colony's shape is highly dependent on light position and flow. Given tank conditions very wildly, going on growth form is not a good indication. Ditto for wild corals. Most researchers can't ID corals on shape alone so it's no wonder hobbyists have such a hard time.

Back