Jestersix

Suggestions for an aggressive tang?

I've had all of my fish for almost a year now, some longer, and lately it seems my blue tang has gotten a bit aggressive. She's mostly been attacking my black ocellaris - I've seen her dive a bit at the other fish, but she doesn't seem to try bite them, and that includes my orange ocellaris that hosts in a BTA. The poor black ocellaris is pretty beat up though. These two fish have been in this same tank together for at least 8 months with no problems, but for some reason she's suddenly decided she doesn't like him.

I've thought about rearranging the rockwork, but I'm not sure if that would help, or if it did, for how long. We're planning on moving in a couple months, and I'm looking to set up a new, bigger tank when we do, but I'm not sure what to do in the meantime. Find her a new or at least temporary home (if I can get her out, that is)? I love this fish and don't want to get rid of her, but I think she's going to kill this clownfish if I don't do something.

Anyways, sorry for the long post! Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

~Bonnie

It's a 70g, which I realize is about the minimum - it's interesting to me that she doesn't seem to harass the orange clown very much - whether that's because it has the BTA, or because it's bigger and more aggressive, I'm not sure.

My other option I suppose would be to remove the clown, but I really don't want to separate the two clowns as I'm hoping they'll eventually pair up. I have a 20g at my disposal, and I could move both clowns there, but I'd rather not have to separate the orange one from her BTA if I don't have to.

Back