Kessil

Suggestions for catching a Lemon peel angel?

Apon

Supporting Member
I am trying to catch my angel out so I can add more clams to my tank, but its a big 120 gallon tank. So far I have tried for the last 2 days using a baited net attached to a string. He is not afraid of the net but won't go in or is not smart to figure how. However, my other fish have learned to swim in, hang out in the net for 20 minutes eating all the food and he watches them.....a damsel, goby, cardinals have been in the net.

Anybody with other suggestions?

Don't feed for a couple of days and either try the bag trick, or borrow my collection net. Fish don't get scared of it. I am coming home Thursday, so we could work something out. :D

Thanks Rich, I will keep trying, if not maybe I can borrow your net at the next meeting. They let you out of the Tonga jail : )

I've used the bag method with total success on three damsels, a koran angel, and a clown or two.

I use the magnet cleaner to hold the top of the bag to the aquarium glass. Then I put two rocks in the bottom mouth forming a triangle out of the open end. Sometimes I have to put a rock in the back also if there is current. Then I put some food in...
When they go in, put your hand in front of the bag and they run to the other end. Voila...fish in a bag!
I've never had this fail.

ok I will try that. My net thing is working for all my other fish. In fact last night when treid again, 3 of my fish immediately swam into the net waiting to be fed

Back