got ethical husbandry?

Suggestions for places to hold meetings

Oh, and people have been in my basement before for the tank tours (It's where I keep my tank) and most everyone of those actually finish the tank tour :p

I had over 50 people here to watch the fight. But my home is in Salinas, takes me 1 hour from my house to ASAP. Dont think anyone would want to drive here but if anyone wants my home is open. Maybe we could have a swap here though, my hubby has a 4 car shop 1000 plus square feet, we could take the cars outta shop or something.

I like the idea of Chabot, the location is very central.

IMO floating meetings will create confusion for people as to where we are meeting when, I think it's best we find something and stick to it.

Mike your observation shows how little you know about the coast, living in Santa Cruz does not make Hayward, SF, or SJ any closer to one another, we need to accommodate ALL of the members, not just those that dwell in SF. BAR continues to expand it's membership and it's up to us to make the virus accessible to a broad range of people.

*sigh* I give up.

The last bit I'll say on this matter
living in Santa Cruz does not make Hayward, SF, or SJ any closer to one another
I know, in fact that was the point I was making

we need to accommodate ALL of the members, not just those that dwell in SF.
And since this is what was seen as my point, AGAIN (incorrectly), is the whole reason I'm giving up on this discussion.

This has gotten out of hand.

Perhaps I made a mistake in starting this thread.

The goal here is not to alienate people from SF, the coast, LA, NY, Salinas, or any other location.
This is a time when the club needs to come together not use petty bickering to drive a wedge.

This thread also wasn't started to alienate MAX or any other vendor. But, there is also no need to make excuses for acting in the best interest of the club. We appreciate Max's generosity, but as I posted above we need to consider all options.

This thread was started to give the membership a chance to offer alternative locations for meetings after February.

Everyone posting in this thread - If you cannot be constructive do not post here.

i can get a meeting place that can hold 300 to 400 for the august swap. and i can get it just about anywhere in the bay area. and it wont cost anything. i would just have to reserve the date well in advanced.

Hey, San Mateo is nice and central, that's why I suggested the library. Easy access from the 101 AND the 92. Plus I live here :p

And it's halfway between SF and Santa Cruz!

Lord Helmet you have connections with schools or something? Does anyone know if schools rent out their auditoriums/gyms on weekends?

The Chabot plan sounds good too. (Again, I'm partial to SM!)

V

Chris, Vince, Steve - Thanks. These are the kind of suggestions we're looking for.

Who else has a suggestion for a place to hold meetings?

How about somewhere in Fremont area? San Mateo is fine with me too. Don't know where Chabot at but I put it in the Yahoo's map and it shows that it's 200 plus miles from San Jose :eek: ..

[quote author=dswong01 link=topic=5494.msg68574#msg68574 date=1229008703]
Phong
Chabot college in hayward right off hwy 92
[/quote]
Oh ... I put San Jose, CA to Chabot, CA ;D

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=5494.msg68544#msg68544 date=1228975761]
Chris, Vince, Steve - Thanks. These are the kind of suggestions we're looking for.

Who else has a suggestion for a place to hold meetings?
[/quote]

We could consider meeting at the Romberg Tiburon Center (http://rtc.sfsu.edu), where I work. We have a marine research and education mission, aquarium facilities, and meeting spaces in a conference center. Plus free parking, BBQs, nice Tiburon weather, and large outdoor spaces. It's pretty quiet on the weekends too.

:( now we're getting further and further away :(

Santa Rosa anyone?

Back