got ethical husbandry?

Suggestions for places to hold meetings

It would be awesome to have it there, but it becomes a huge distance obstacle for many. Plus it forces almost the entire club across teh GGB each meeting.

What is the going toll for the GGB? $5 or did it go up like they keep threatening to help pay for the Doolittle part?

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5494.msg68752#msg68752 date=1229043973]
What is the going toll for the GGB? $5 or did it go up like they keep threatening to help pay for the Doolittle part?
[/quote]

Effective September 2, 2008
Cash Fasttrack
$6.00 $5.00

http://www.goldengatebridge.org/tolls_traffic/toll_rates_carpools.php

My mother is the principal secretary of the middle school in Dublin. She said that the multi-use room is available for use by organizations. All that is required is submitting a request to her. The only charge would be for custodial fees, but those can be waived if we clean up after our selfs.

[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=5494.msg68789#msg68789 date=1229050220]
My mother is the principal secretary of the middle school in Dublin. She said that the multi-use room is available for use by organizations. All that is required is submitting a request to her. The only charge would be for custodial fees, but those can be waived if we clean up after our selfs.
[/quote]

wait wait...a place I could bike to?!!! :p

I like the tiburon center. They have tons of room and great views.... we should have a one time meeting there.

Does AAF have means to accommodate 50-100 people sitting down on a monthly basis? That is one of the challenges. The reason we were able to have the next two meets at Aquarium Showroom (aside from Max's mega generosity) was that he has TONS of space.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5494.msg68751#msg68751 date=1229043855]
It would be awesome to have it there, but it becomes a huge distance obstacle for many. Plus it forces almost the entire club across teh GGB each meeting.
[/quote]

You are right - these are the downsides to Tiburon.

Just in case you missed the last BOD meeting minutes, BAR has a new home!

Thanks to the Patchins, our regular meeting place for general meetings and BOD meetings will be at Chabot college, just a few miles from our old meeting location. http://www.chabotcollege.edu/about/CampusDirections.asp

Thank you to all who offered up suggestions and/or offered to help.

BTW, our upcoming MO swap will still be held at The Aquarium Showroom and we are still considering options for the August regional swap.

[quote author=fishme link=topic=5494.msg76669#msg76669 date=1232781133]
can we have the meeting in a park .... a picnic. Actually, we can do an annual picnic for BAR
[/quote]

Andy, I think a picnic would be fun... once it stops raining! ;)

Once the weather is nicer you should consider organizing one. You don't need the BOD to authorize it and it doesn't need to be an official BAR event. Talk to APON about it. He's done a great job organizing a SF tank tour that is not a club event but is only open to club members.

Each and every one of us has the power to make this club even more than it already is.

Go for it!

What kind of meeting *can* be held in a park? BAR hasn't had a single speaker that didn't use the projector plus we typically have corals in the raffle. I've seen way to many corals parish at outdoor events :(

Ah yha, thanks for the in depth post there Tony. Quite logical ;)

So a general meeting (6 a year) would be devoted to "hanging" around"? How's that apply to the mission statement?

A meeting isn't explicity one that lies on our official schedule. As charles said, it can be self organized. No mission statement required.

Yup knew that as well but I really didn't think this thread was about finding places to hold non meetings at :lol: If that's the case it changes this thread 100% and I say Jonathan's place would be a great place for a BBQ meeting :)

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=5494.msg68299#msg68299 date=1228938557]
We're looking for inexpensive meeting places to host our meetings. The December meeting and February swap are already taken care of and we have some options for places like the Steinhart for future meetings. But, here is your chance to come up with other options.

If you have a suggestion, or contact, for a space that holds 50-100 please post here or PM tuberider.

We are also looking for a space that can hold 200+ for our August regional swap.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Can you please clarify if you are talking about general meetings or just any meeting? From all that is mentioned in your post it sounds like you are looking for places for general meetings???

Back