got ethical husbandry?

Sump question

Hello.

So, I got a triton trigger 34 sump and it uses no socks, but instead a media section. When ever I try to put floss, or pads in that section it has to much to and ends up blowing them out and into the return area.

Does anybody have experience with this type of filtration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came with two small plate type things to sit On the shelf. I assume one is for bottom for material to sit on. And other above it to hold the media down.

But I tried puttin in a pad, flow builds up to much pressure and ends up into the return section.

Next I tried filter floss, same issue. And much harder to even get it to stay in the chamber.

But finally I decided to throw a bag of media on top of the plate. To hold down the floss.

Can’t figure out a good way to use this.

fd3b7c8ea8602c7a455c232fb47d761f.jpg

Triton method specifically calls out that no socks, floss or other media should be used before fuge. Since you have a triton sump, I'm guessing that there isn't really a tray or holder for anything.

From the triton beginners guide:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstructions/brsTriton/the-official-triton-method-beginners-guide.pdf

"The water enters the sump directly into the algae/refugium compartment, TRITON do not recommend the use of filter socks/floss as they remove beneficial ingredients that the algae require. If detritus builds up excessively then this can be removed as and when required."

Triton method specifically calls out that no socks, floss or other media should be used before fuge. Since you have a triton sump, I'm guessing that there isn't really a tray or holder for anything.

From the triton beginners guide:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstructions/brsTriton/the-official-triton-method-beginners-guide.pdf

"The water enters the sump directly into the algae/refugium compartment, TRITON do not recommend the use of filter socks/floss as they remove beneficial ingredients that the algae require. If detritus builds up excessively then this can be removed as and when required."

Thanks for the response. I hadn’t read that part.

But the sump came with a section for media. Maybe it’s just a basic bubble trap.

Trying to clean up the water with less particles floating around.

Thanks for the response. I hadn’t read that part.

But the sump came with a section for media. Maybe it’s just a basic bubble trap.

Trying to clean up the water with less particles floating around.

I think the media tray is after the skimmer section in the triton sumps. Maybe just supposed to be used for carbon/gfo and the like?

I think the media tray is after the skimmer section in the triton sumps. Maybe just supposed to be used for carbon/gfo and the like?

Correct after the skimmer, but any pads/floss doesn’t work. Bags do only because they are so heavy.

Currently using a bag to hold down floss to clean up the water.

Back