sunrise anemone.

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by andrew, Oct 10, 2010.

1. andrew

andrew Guest

hi my friend has a few sunrise anemones and he is thinking of taking down his tank down.but he is not sure on how much they go for now..does any one know wht a good price for one would cost..

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

What is a sunrise 'nem? Pictures?

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I'm guessing its similar to a flame tip, in that it has oranges/yellows on the tips. Those I've seen go for $200+ for small ones. But that's the "I can sit on them for a while and sell them when someone is wiling to pay" price, if he's wanting to liquidate everything in a relatively quick manner I think $100 would probably be a good high price point and move them fairly quickly, at least to a local market, if he's willing to pack/ship/deal with angry customers then could get more.

That said, my advice doesn't come cheap, so one sunrise anemone should do for my consultation fee :)

4. andrew

andrew Guest

thxs for the advise,he found reefhotspot selling them for 250 for a small....i think he is going to match there price.i wonder if he is going to sell them?i told him just trade them to his lfs and get something else..

5. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I think DBTC would the most ethical way to dispose of them :bigsmile:

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Or maybe one...

7. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Willing to buy 1 or more :)

8. Thales

Thales Past President

Interested

9. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Group buy :D I'm also willing to split one with someone if any are interested

10. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I'm down for getting one. Splitting is fine too :)

12. andrew

andrew Guest

i will let him know and i can get bck to u guys later..

13. Hi Andrew - can you kindly keep me in the loop as well if you find out any further information? Thanks.

14. jellygeee

jellygeee Guest

I am interested as well.

15. patrickb

patrickb Supporting Member

16. andrew

andrew Guest

17. Thanks Andrew ... did these come from the same source as the others which may become available or are they ones you've collected from other places?

18. andrew

andrew Guest

i have gotten them from different places..the red rose and the speckle one here in the san francisco..but i got the sunburst from GonzosCoralFrags.com......

19. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

any updates on getting one? I'm interested too!