Neptune Aquatics

Super Reef Octopus XP 2000 Cone Skimmer

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Hey Guys...I am about to put in an order for some of these new skimmers to stock the store. Anyone want one for $419.99

Edited: Original price of $399 was bogus. I just received my invoice and the mfg have increased the price by $20 due to the addition of a fancy gate valve. The original price was for the old style w/out the valve. Sorry for the confusion, guys.

Robert

According to reefbuilders, a bubble blaster 2000 water pump.

http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/07/13/super-reef-octopus-xp2000-cone-skimmer-appears-premium-aquatics/

Thanks Tony.

I'll also have a space saver version coming in a week later. With this version, the pump is inside the skimmer body.

sorry Perry -nope- but I have been working on restoring a 210 so I have been slowly looking for equipment.

Mike....I am still waiting on the final dimensions from the mfg on the space saver ver. I'll post it here once I get it. What dims are you interested in anyway so that my question for them can be more specific.

Ed...I've never use any of the their skimmer. That's why I'll also have one coming in for store use as well to check out. I'll try to post some info once I start using it.

Thanks for the questions guys and for being patient. I've been trying to finish setting new tanks in the shop for the last two weeks so I've been kinda swamp. Good news is, I get to do a leak test tomorrow! yayyyy. Half way there!

Robert

Thanks Robert, I just found the space saver model online. I was curious about the rating for it, which seems to be the same as the other Octopus. Typically the ones that have the pump in the base are rated for smaller tanks, and as a result cheaper, which apparently isn't the case here :D

I just have an old ASM G3 and I have been contemplating changing it out, of course it could be that my 3 fish in the tank really don't pose much of a bioload and the skimmer is really oversized now. But I dunno.

Good to hear Mike!

BTW Guys...FYI...I edited the original post as followed:

"Original price of $399 was bogus. I just received my invoice and the mfg have increased the price by $20 due to the addition of a fancy gate valve. The original price was for the old style w/out the valve. Sorry for the confusion, guys."

Robert

Damn...this is a really bad-ass skimmer! Extremely well built and the craftmanship is amazing, very comparable to ATI and ATB, IMHO. Check out the silencer and you'll notice the attention to detail that was put into the design. The pump is super quiet and so sexy looking! the clear volute is so damn cool! Best part, uses even less energy than my favorite Sicce pump! After only 3 hours, the skimmer is already pulling skimmate!

IMG_8845.jpg

IMG_8847.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

IMG_8857.jpg

IMG_8850.jpg

Talking about bang for the bucks. I think I am going to get few more for the shop! And here's the best part, if I can get 6 pre-order, I can give them out at $385/each! Otherwise, they're $419.99.

Robert

:lol: the only ATI I've (at a few shows) craftsmanship was not their strong point. Yah, ATB, but ATI??? Maybe ATI brought out the bad builds to show off at shows (???) and sell better built ones to customers?

Looks like a kick arse skimmer Robert :) I'd tune that bad boy in to produce a darker skimmate though :lol:

After 24 hours, this skimmer is still pulling in lots of stuff! This is my third cup already!

IMG_8858.jpg

Gresh...I dunno dude...I am not knocking on ATI or anything but all (I am using two ATI BM250's myself) I am saying at this moment is that for dollar to dollar comparison, the XP-2000 is way more bang for the buck, IMHO. But then again, ATI and ATB did came out with their skimmers way before CoralVue does so in all fairness, I don't even think it's a fair comparison. But who care, just as long as you and I agree that the XP-2000 is a kick arse skimmer, that's all that matter anyway... :bigsmile:

Back