Reef nutrition

superman monti

sid700

Supporting Member
I have 2 small frags, you can gauge the size from the eggcrate. Don't know about lineage, I got it from vapormd. Grows decent in the shade, but the blue pops under a lot of light.

Give a frag to 2 BAR members you have not met before trading or selling.

Pickup in Oct meeting.

superman.jpg

Hi Sid.

Count me in; and save a piece for me.

See you in October.

Reef Keeper

Feel free to PM me to confirm.

Check out my tank journal
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8161

You mean with all you've got going on in there, there's no super man? Cerrise at Neptune has some very nice true superman monti there at reasonable costs if you come up short.

I may swing by there... Have been wanting to do it for sometime... Just out of my way.

I have one, but it's not been doing too well... Very Very slow growth! I was hoping it would do better.

Actually there was one which I bought at LiveAquaria which was 4-5" for $179 which I thought I bought! Then they told me it was dead! Basically I made a HUGE fuss about it and escalated it to the Director of the whole thing! He then explained that it was sold a week before, and somebody placed it on the site again by mistake! all I could say was RATS^&%#&^%#&

sid700 said:
Grows decent in the shade, but the blue pops under a lot of light.

Hi Bernie,

Just want to take some time out to say how good it was to meet you at the lecture, and to say "Thank you" for the True Superman Monti." I know you were very busy yesterday, so I hope to get the opportunity to get better acquainted with you next time we meet. I have to compliment you on how well you packaged the S.M. Monti. That stryofoam trick is great and this beauty deserved the extra care you gave it; you can be sure I will give it the same care too. I have it under 2 x 175w 20k reeflux MHs, and the color is popping just fine even low on the reef as it is. I will, eventually, move it up the reef a bit (probably in a week or two). I've attached a couple of photos for you to visit it in my tank. You can also visit my Tank Journal thread where I'll have it posted too. http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8161

Happy Reefing, and Thanks again. I've been waiting for a True S.M. for so long and can't begin to tell how thrilled I am. :bigsmile:

Happy Reefing,
Joel
Reef Keeper

Hey Joel. I find that this monti is actually low maintenance, so don't worry too much about it. Once it's settled, it just grows. If you lose this piece, I can give you another.

I'm sorry I did not get to talk much. I had a birthday party to go to in Benicia.

I learned that styrofoam trick from the BAR-sponsored talk by Deelbek(spell?). That's how he shipped multi-branched acros.

What's that blue piece in your pic, a sponge? Looks cool.

sid700 said:
What's that blue piece in your pic, a sponge? Looks cool.
sid700 said:
Hi Bernie,

That's all very good to know. Thank you for the 411 and everything.

Yes: The Blue piece is a Blue Sponge that's been in my tank the past year. It's starting to spread a little, and it frags fairly well once it starts taking. If you like it, I can frag some for you. Parts of it grows fast and some parts not so fast. It's very difficult to transport, so we would need to make special arrangements.

Happy Reefing.

Best,
Joel
R.K.

Back