Superman montipora

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by tonggao, Dec 29, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. tonggao

tonggao Guest

I have two mounted frags of superman monti that I like to put in DBTC. I bought the original frag from vapormd, who bought his from Atlantis. According to vapormd, this is the real deal, whatever that means. Pick up from my home(Cupertino) only. DBTC rule applies.

2. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I'll take one. I can pick it up on the 12th since I'll be half way there. Does that work for you?

3. tonggao

tonggao Guest

Levi, you got it. I will also give you a frag of ORA blue milli that you asked in the past from my previous DBTC. I will pm you my address.

BTW, I see you getting some frag for Jeremy (tuberider). I am interested in the Maimi Orchid and Acro. austera that he put in DBTC. Could you pick up these frags for me from Jeremy if he is willing to give them to me?

4. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

I'll take the other piece if it's available. Want to stop by and check out your setup also. :)

5. tonggao

tonggao Guest

The last frag goes to Eric. I will pm you my address.

6. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Got my frag from Tong at the swap, thanks. What light and how hight up did you have this? It was looking a little pale and I have it rather high right now but I don't want to fry it so lmk.

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Mine went a bit pale in my BC14 with retro'd lights. It is coloring up now in my 10g prop tank. For me, my frags are sitting 4" below the surface with 2x36AHSupply PCs with 50/50 coralife bulbs. So far so good.

8. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Mine is about 8" under my 4x T5's. That might be a little high but I'm starting to see the red brighten up but still only a hint of blue.

9. tonggao

tonggao Guest

Levi,

I put the frag 5 inches below 250w MH in my frag tank, which is probably a little much, and color is lighter this way. The coral can certainly take very strong lighting, even though might not be the brightest this way. I think your current position should be fine.

10. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Thanks! I'll put some pics up once I get it colored up.

11. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Pulled it out for working on some algae covered rockwork and forgot to put it back in. :(

12. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Eric, I already plit mine in 2 so if both pieces come around by the next regular meeting I'll let you know.

13. tonggao

tonggao Guest

Eric, sorry to hear that. I have an extra piece if you like.

14. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2752.msg32505#msg32505 date=1202839517]
    Pulled it out for working on some algae covered rockwork and forgot to put it back in. :(
    [/quote]

Ughh... I did that too. When I removed my DSB and redid the tank.

Found it sitting in a deli container with some rubble like a day and a half later :(