Our mission

Switching from RODI to DI only?

Eileen, SF is all over the place due to the aging pipes from what I've been told. Best water around, and high ranking in the nation, is EBMUD :) Wish I could say the same :(

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2191.msg21763#msg21763 date=1183485567]

He says for the carbon blocks to remove chloramine you need a longer contact time. He suggests 5-6 gallons an hour. Sadly there is no way to monitor such a slow flow, you just have to do it with a bucket. :D

[/quote]

Well there is, but it ain't cheap and requires skill to use and maintain :)

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2191.msg21766#msg21766 date=1183490574]
[quote author=Thales link=topic=2191.msg21763#msg21763 date=1183485567]He says for the carbon blocks to remove chloramine you need a longer contact time. He suggests 5-6 gallons an hour. Sadly there is no way to monitor such a slow flow, you just have to do it with a bucket. :D[/quote]

I was doing about 7 gallons per hour through my carbon/DI setup which was already on the safe side. 5-6 should be no problem with chloramine getting through.

You can put a needle valve on the tap water supply and adjust the flow for 5gph. Then have the whole thing turn on/off with a solenoid valve or whatever.
[/quote]

You could also use a 5gph restictor as well :)

I know Spectrapure sells flow restrictors. All it is a hose barb within the 1/4" tubing with a thinner tubing attached to that. You just need to cut a long enough piece down as to what exact measurement that I do not know.

Buckeyefield Supply sells flow restrictors as well.

I don't know if it's the way I mount my DI resin (vertically) but I notice that it starts manually separating each of the resins very shortly after water is flowing, I assume this to be natural since one resin is more dense than the other, and I did see this when I was mounted horizontally as well, but I run 3 resin chambers for safe keeping :)

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2191.msg21770#msg21770 date=1183495090]
Hey Gresh,

10 minutes on google leave me empty - got a link to a flow restrictor? :D
[/quote]

Thales ... you were on the site :D here take a look http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_membranes.htm

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2191.msg21784#msg21784 date=1183664725]
[quote author=Thales link=topic=2191.msg21770#msg21770 date=1183495090]
Hey Gresh,

10 minutes on google leave me empty - got a link to a flow restrictor? :D
[/quote]

Thales ... you were on the site :D here take a look http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_membranes.htm
[/quote]

:D I say those - only 4.1 gallons an hour.

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2191.msg21690#msg21690 date=1183387855]
Hey guys,

My tap water TDS is 35, so I was thinking instead of wasting all that water making RO that I would switch to a 4 stage DI system (micron, carbon, carbon, DI). My pressure in the current system isn't really high enough, and tops out at like 40 psi. All that combined makes me think my plan is pretty good, but I hear different things. Anyone have any opinions? :D
[/quote]
As you know, I never have an opinion about anything.
But my tanks do fine here on The Island with just tap water and Prime.
Karson also uses the same combo.

Kold Steril in that case the Rich :)

Can I borrow a cup of sugar?

Back