High Tide Aquatics

T5 bulb combo and placement seggustions

Roc

So in a couple of days my 2nd fixture will be at my house. this will bring my lighting to 9 bulbs over a 120 gallon tank. I plan on running (in this order) 1st,3rd,5th,7th and 9th bulbs will run from 1:00PM - 7:00PM, 2nd,4th,6th, and 8th bulbs will run from 10:00AM - 7:30PM

1. Aquablue Special -ATI
2. Blue plus - ATI
3. Blue plus - ATI
4. Pure Actinic - ATI
5. 6500 k - GE
6. Blue plus -ATI
7. 10,000K - UVL
8. Pure Actinic - ATI
9. Aquablue special - ATI

I chose this combo and placement for these reasons:

I really like the color the blue Plus puts out, and I think it looks great with the 12000K of the aquablue special, however there is no red in that spectum at all, so I thought about adding the 6500K, since I am only gonna run 1 I thought it would be best placed in the middle of the tank so it wouldn't throw the color off when viewing the tank. I could run another aquablue special instaed of the 10000k but I have read that 10000k is the closest to the suns actual light, and now that I have more room to play with I thought I would give it a shot. It will be pretty close to the middle of the tank as well and should change the way the tank looks from the front that much.

Any thoughts on this combo?

You may want to chuck a Fiji Purple in there if you're concerned about reds. I hear you on the Blue+ and the Aquablue Special, a great combo, I just switched out some Geismann bulbs for the ATI combo yesterday and my client went bonkers (4X54w).

Ok Ok, I'll admit it. I did bring some more livestock home, a nice piece of mycedium, a chalice frag and some nice green acans. Bad boy, Bad boy. :|

someone else told me to today to run a fiji purple, 1 person said to tun it instead of the 6500k the other said to run them both.

After hearing back from Grim Reefer on RC. now I'm thinking this is my best bet

1. Aquablue Special -ATI
2. Blue plus - ATI
3. fuji purple
4. Pure Actinic - ATI
5. 6500 k - GE
6. Blue plus -ATI
7. Blue plus - ATI
8. Pure Actinic - ATI
9. Aquablue special - ATI

bulbs in red would run 6 1/2 hours a day, bulbs in blue would run 10 hours a day

Back