Take my DSA 65

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by RavenSF, Aug 29, 2017.

1. RavenSF

RavenSF Supporting Member

I was hit with the algae from hell and I'm taking down this tank. My fish have been moved out and I want to see if anyone wants to pick up this tank. It has the stand and canopy that came with it, a trigger sump, heaters, ATO reservoir and skimz dc skimmer as well as a dc return pump from reef octopus.

I'm off work this week and will try to drain it tomorrow, so if someone wants to pick it up, it's all yours. Right now it's got 2 AI Hydra 52 lights on it and those would be the only thing I'd ask some money for, the rest just come take. I'm in SF and would prefer someone to just take it all at once.

Be warned though, this tank needs some serious decontamination. It's never had disease or copper in it, but this algae has even gotten into the edge of the silicone seams.

wrestle1952 likes this.
  2. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Really tempted. My Tank's stand now is falling apart completely.

Don't need the lights (just bought new lights a few months back) and would feel bad for taking it without buying the lights.

3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Raven -- if someone doesn't need all of I would happily purchase the trigger sump (depending on size) and the DC return pump for my new tank. Wouldn't feel right about taking those for free though.

4. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Yeah I'm with Bruce.

How much would you want for all besides the lights? I wouldn't feel right just taking it.

5. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

wow that is super generous of you.
    I hope someone in need of a tank will step up and help @RavenSF out.

6. RavenSF

Someone messaged me about taking everything, but if it falls through I'll make an update. I definitely wouldn't say no to money but I've made my peace with moving on from this tank and have a new one being built as we speak. This is the algae from hell so whoever takes I will have to spend some time and energy disinfecting everything.

7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'm in sf and could maybe just maybe get it in the next day or few to help out another club member(s) that really want it or parts.

Newjack likes this.
  8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

wow algae in the seams? Sounds like the silicone job DSA did is not exactly that good.

but if Mike needs a hand I could help either early W/F or Th.

Coral reefer likes this.
  9. Newjack

@Coral reefer let me know if you need help moving it, I could probably help in exchange for a piece or two of the gear.

10. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

I can help out on Friday if needed.

Like I said I'm most interested in the tank / stand as my stand is falling apart (I am using 2x4's to brace it up). I was only interested in the rest as it was probably a good working system but I have a sump, pump's, and filters so they weren't "needed".

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  11. Bruce Spiegelman

I'll drive in to help as well.

12. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Sounds like Bruce and tenant can get it done maybe on Friday? I can probably help if needed

13. Bruce Spiegelman

Friday's good for me.

14. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well who is the mystery person to get the tank? Presumably either Bruce or Tenny

15. Bruce Spiegelman

Not me -- I have no use for another tank. Rather someone that needs it get it. I just threw my name in the ring for the two items I could use, but only if I can pay for them.

16. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Tenny wants tank and stand. Bruce wants return pump and sump. I could find a home for the skimmer. Not sure what @Newjack wanted?

17. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Or the price for the lights?

18. Newjack

i was just more curious to look at it all.
    If the lights where going for a "too good to pass up" price, I might cough up the money. Other than that, I'm still down to help. It would have to be during the day for me.

19. RavenSF

Sorry for the delay in updating this. I spent the morning draining the tank and as much of the sump as I could. The person who initially replied decided the clean up is more than they can take on at this time which is fine. If different people want to take the tank or the sump thats fine, I'd just like to have it all gone ASAP. You can google DSA 65 Neo for the dimensions, but whoever takes it will definitely need to show up with a large van or SUV or truck, it's not going to fit in a car.

@Bruce Spiegelman the sump is the Trigger Emerald 26 I believe and the pump is the Reef Octopus 5500.

@Tenny If you can haul away the tank and stand soon, they're yours.

I'd prefer to see this stuff go to people who are going to put it to use or at least try to, but I gotta clear it out soon as well. As far as the lights go, I'm thinking $400 for two AI Hydra 52s plus the AI director, but if that's asking for too much feel free to say so. If you feel so inclined to pay for anything else, I'll let you decide what it's worth to you. I'm in San Francisco in the sunset near the zoo if anyone is wondering.

20. Bruce Spiegelman

THat sump is perfect as is the pump. Let me know what you want for them (trade or cash.) Tenny let me know if you want to meet today or Friday so I can help you load and so we can arrange with Raven to haul. I'm good an ytime. If you don't need help I'll arrange separately to get this stuff out of her way asap.