High Tide Aquatics

Tank Journal(s) - 40b17g. 10/2 Pics

Pretty sure rolling bucket is not what you want to do...Double Chaco your teamst kit against another? I'll use my salutary kit if you come to me

Note for me I guess - Something spawned this week. Not sure what it was but I grabbed a frag for someone, scooped up water for the frag and low and behold, there was a little fry in the deli cup! I'm pretty sure it's an anthia fry because the only other pair in that tank are osci clowns. The fry was much thinner and had smaller eyes than clown fry I've seen and I didn't see a batch of eggs anywhere near the clowns.

Will have to do some research when there's time for it

Neato! :D

Appreciate the tank tour pics, so thought I'd share a few from today. Haven't uploaded fish pics in a while, so here we go! Few notes...No edits (-cropping 1 or 2), 100L/60d. Out of about 300 shots over maybe 2 hours, maybe 40-50 acceptable photos. Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying bubbles in the water column? They showed up in some pics but not all...Rather irritating. =

Mystery
6206181467_14d4cab4b2_z.jpg

Bartlett's
6206231705_b9b771f665_z.jpg

Foxface
6206164233_ae4be004ac_z.jpg

Trusty PT
6206131721_5c9ab8d66e_z.jpg

Potteri
6206634924_f5b1ba04d3_z.jpg

Red Chalice
6206156207_46a9cf547d_z.jpg

Season's Greetings
6206661186_9356f36992_z.jpg

JMT. Used the force to bring this one back from the brink
6206622272_fb6ff312a9_z.jpg

On an update tear here so why stop...

Added one of these to my tank: http://www.saltysupply.com/Sea-Side-Aquatics-Magnetic-Probe-Holder-p/ssa1119.htm
Best purchase I've made in a long time. Bought this with some expensive LEDs and this was the highlight of the day by far. :D

Tanks are chugging along fine.
40B is packed with corals. Zero room on the sand. Things are stinging each other like crazy. Acan echinatas are the meanest corals out there IMO...Stung/killed montis, war corals, favias and even tried to eat some rainbow palys.

iCon said:
On an update tear here so why stop...

Added one of these to my tank: http://www.saltysupply.com/Sea-Side-Aquatics-Magnetic-Probe-Holder-p/ssa1119.htm
Best purchase I've made in a long time. Bought this with some expensive LEDs and this was the highlight of the day by far. :D

Tanks are chugging along fine.
40B is packed with corals. Zero room on the sand. Things are stinging each other like crazy. Acan echinatas are the meanest corals out there IMO...Stung/killed montis, war corals, favias and even tried to eat some rainbow palys.
Dang, crazy about the acans but as much as how pretty they are, I'm probably going to stay away from them as much as possible. And if (when) I do give in, I'll make sure there's plenty of space around them in my 40B.

I haven't updated in a while and in short, I can't upgrade soon enough. Corals are continuously stinging each other and something has been eating my corals. Every now and then, I'll find a frag of zoos or a monti pulled all the way into a rock crevice. Recently, one of my large chalices had about 4" of its flesh stripped from the skeleton. I camped out tonight and found what I believe is the beginning of a monster...

Pic attached. The portion exposed in the picture was probably 2" long.

1AM update.. Pulled out a 12" eunicid. A baby, yes, but still creepy nonetheless. Pulled out the rock it was hiding in and disturbed the sand bed quite a bit. Corals were pissed. Little scared about an ammonia/nitrate spike. Hoping this doesn't turn out to be a case of winning the battle but losing the war. =

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/photo (3)_2.JPG

So we log the good and the bad...

Looks like the migration over to the new site caused my tank to crash. First fish died Monday... Total loss as of yesterday.

First crash I've experienced in over 6 years so I can be thankful for that. Biggest loss was a pair of Ocellaris - Those being the first saltwater fish I purchased... :( I'll save the laundry list of others but a couple of rarer specimens were in the mix.

To sum it up: You will occasionally get burned when playing with fire.
First leg is out the door...

Back