Jestersix

Tank of a lifetime 215 in wall

I am not treating it. so far it's just white spots. no deaths. The new dragon goby is circling the drain though.
I hope the fish can just kick it themselves.
feed feed feed.

Wow what a bummer on wrasse, makes me think I might need to add more weight to my own screen covers. Kinda bad ass that he powered his way out though. Reminds me of the raptors from Jurassic Park.

I feed the following foods
SFBB Emerald entre, omega brine, sprulina brine,
H2O life mini mysis, sprulina mix
PE mysis
All frozen food is fortified with brightwell vitamarin C, vitamarin M, omega/hufa, and garlic
AND to that spectrum Thera A, flakes
And ocean nutrition formula 1 and 2 flakes and pellets

I manually feed frozen foods each evening.
Eheim auto feeder feeds pellet mix 4 time a day

Lots of food in, regular hefty water changes out.

Erin,

A buddy who used to work for a LFS mentioned dragon gobies can be touchy (depending how they were collected/transported) and do best in pairs.

What has your experience been with them ?

If you mean the wardi's that you have, really cool for the first month. But unfortunately short lived there after. And they tend to rain sand on things that are on the bottom. Sorry

I was talking about Jon's dragon goby...but thanks for the heads up on my pair. Good thing I don't really have any corals placed low near the sand.

I've had a dragon gobi for over year that is doing very well nice and chubby and very cool to watch. I saw the male dragon gobi on the divers den and I purchased it but it doesn't look like its gonna make it. As a matter of fact I couldn't find this morning so who knows.

How's the prognosis on the bout of crypt? It might be a good idea to vacuum the sand after the white spots disappear, the crypt is in the dormant phase while multiplying. Best of luck!

Snake oil guys...
Ich isn't going away with garlic and siphoning.
Sorry Jon I know all about the damn whitespot after looking into SW tanks for 25yrs.

I'm laying fallow now. Despite my Q/isolation efforts on all incoming I still got screwed. My mistake (I believe) was not actively doing something to eliminate the ich while in Q. By this I mean treatment. I watched my damn marginalis for a month - didn't treat, and GOT BURNED.

Two fish went into the rotating bucket tank-transfer method. Clean as a whistle after the process was over. Rest in a tank with copper - but despite not seeing anything I'm still not certain. May tank-transfer them all too just to be safe. I'm keeping them out of my main system for at least 3 months...
Boo

Back