got ethical husbandry?

Tank of a lifetime 215 in wall

Apon said:
is it hard the clean the side of the tank by the bothroom? as long as the window is full of water, I don't think you can see through, but be carefull when doing a water change and the waterline lowers...you might see through. : )

Cleaning is a snap and My wife holds the siphon hose into the toilet when we do a WC so don't have to worry about peeping Tom then..LOL

JAR said:
Apon said:
is it hard the clean the side of the tank by the bothroom? as long as the window is full of water, I don't think you can see through, but be carefull when doing a water change and the waterline lowers...you might see through. : )

Cleaning is a snap and My wife holds the siphon hose into the toilet when we do a WC so don't have to worry about peeping Tom then..LOL

Except you of course ;)

fishez4alivin said:
That has to be the best idea ever.....much better than having a flat screen in there.
BTW, nice ling cod, do you have your own boat?
I have a 20' Boston Whaler. I really like to go out for salmon but not this year. AGAIN! :(
Here are a few pics.
fishing001-1-2.jpg

P1010115-1.jpg

I LOVE TO FISH!

I know, the salmon deal sucks, but the word is we may get one month in the fall at Duxbury because those fish apparently are what they consider winter run??There was a little heat over the fact they allowed fishing in the rivers this winter, while everyone else suffered.
I used to have a 20' Seacraft that I had so much fun in. Caught this one 30 mi SW of Seal Rocks a few years ago, tossing iron on foamers...70lbs...My proudest fishing moment...Blue fin tuna
Picture024_jpg.jpg

Hope some Albacore swing inside of 100 mi this year, you can come out on my new boat...
IMG_4717.jpg

I love to fish too

Your not kidding about fishez4alivin!
Nice tuna and nice Boat.
I was out with jimmy on the Outer Limits when the guy next to me hooks something BIG!
This was about 5-6 years ago we boated 150lb bluefin.
Those fish are amazing!

I remember that trip, that guy was on it for a longtime, r...sweet fish...One time we were off of Santa Cruz, and we saw this football field sized school of 80-100 lb. bluefin, we stop the boat, and had the right bait...huge sardines, trouble was, not one passenger had the right gear...threw the chum and watched them turn for the boat, and start foaming. Every rod got hooked up, and spooled...good thing I have huge service spools of mono under the dash.

Last story....two years ago, I spotted 6 broadbill swordfish, out at the Pioneer Seamount...we were on a bait stop, and had a few hooked, when off the wheelhouse door I see like a 400Lb fish pop up, I grab a anchovy, and cast out, and that thing turned and I hooked up!, fought it for around 10 minutes before it started spooling me, so I busted it off.

Ha ha, love the idea of a BAR fishing trip... we'd still talk about proper care for the fish, although the conversations would go a bit differently...

(shameless begging: if anyone needs someone to split gas money for a fishing trip...I'm in.)

A blue water fishing trip on the NSQ (New Salmon Queen) would be an amazing BAR event that would never be forgotten. The NSQ is legendary. I'm sure That fishez4alivin can say more about it but.... the sideshow of a fishing trip like the whale show, dolphin show(hundreds), bird show(thousands), turtle show, Mola Mola show, jellyfish,krill,krill and more krill,sharks,huge (football field size)school of sardines, Big tuna jumping out of the water, leatherback turtles as big as a VW bug... Oh yeah and the sashimi is really fresh. Hey dudes this is my tank thread...what area of the forums should we tell fishing stories?

Real nice work there Jon. I really dig the view from your bathroom.....very creative. I'm going to have to try to stop by to see the setup in person the next time I head out with the family to Hog Island for those oysters!

My wife and dog are badgering me to finish! :bigsmile:
fishtank020-1-1.jpg

Wife:"Are you gonna get this done before the kid shows up or what?"
Dog:"Throw me the ball,ball,ball, if your not working on the tank come on just throw it"

Sump mod.
Skimmerba-cfm010.jpg

I had to hack a hole in the sump for the new skimmer to fit. It was a pain in the a$$ to do while the sump was under the tank but I did not want to remove my return pumps that day.
Skimmerba-cfm015-1.jpg

RUNNING!!!! :)

Mike,
It came with two Italian Sicce PSK-2500 pumps.
Like Ferrari I think.
They have a bit of a hum but I am told that they will break in and get more quiet.
Jon

Back