Cali Kid Corals

Tank of a lifetime 215 in wall

Jon,

It was good meeting you and the family today. It was nice seeing your beautiful tank in person and not to mention the side window in the reading room. :D
Let me know how much you want for that extra thermostat when you get a chance.

Jim

The reflections on your tank vid, looks like the trees at Muir Beach, coastal trees have a different look than anything inland...if so, wow, what a great place to live. BTW, great build truly awesome...crab fishing is really good in your part of the coast this year...especially in 90 feet of water...

I have not seen any AEFW's in three weeks after diligently removing any and all signs of them for over a month.
Calibrated PH probe
Checked Temp probe
Calibrated my spectrometer with the BAR salinity standard.
Checked my KH test using the BAR Alk standard
New years weekend water testing.....
KH 9
CA 380
PH 7.95
MG 1300
SG 1.026
ORP 477
T 77.5

Ca reactor effluent PH 6.62
Lost three fish last year due to Jumping.
Lost one DBTC coral due to light shock. (I think)
Lost another that fell off the plug and landed in another coral.

Overall a good year!
Oh yeah, I just paid my 2010 BAR dues :)

Both Matt and I really enjoyed your tank Jon. It's looking very good :)

And crabbing was off the hook!!! We had crab all weekend, as did a few friends of ours :lol:

Thanks Gresham. I think I may go crabbing again tomorrow. The ocean is laying down.
I'm now looking for sundial snails to kill off a patch of invasive zoa's.

I'll help you locate some.

After hearing about the possible Coho status this weekend I'm scared my F&G contacts may be wrong :( Let's hope they are and you, Matt and I can go rope some in this year :)

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I enjoy nothing more than a good day of salmon fishing with friends.
Well, almost nothing more :bigsmile:

Link to 2009 tank tour thread and Eric Do's amazing photos.

Ibn said:
Finally got the comp up and took some time to do some processing.

Jon's beautiful home.
D2X_6567.jpg

Jon's daughter wondering why there's so many strangers roaming around.
D2X_6568.jpg

FTS
D2X_6554.jpg

Left side:
D2X_6512.jpg

Right side:
D2X_6513.jpg

D2X_6515.jpg

BSJF:
D2X_6519.jpg

D2X_6518.jpg

D2X_6520.jpg

D2X_6522.jpg

D2X_6523.jpg

D2X_6524.jpg

D2X_6525.jpg

D2X_6526.jpg

D2X_6528.jpg

D2X_6530.jpg

D2X_6533.jpg

D2X_6537.jpg

D2X_6538.jpg

D2X_6542.jpg

D2X_6544.jpg

D2X_6546.jpg

D2X_6548.jpg

D2X_6560.jpg

The guts behind it all:
D2X_6555.jpg

Light movers:
D2X_6556.jpg

Pair of clowns in holding:
D2X_6558.jpg

JAR said:
Let's keep our fingers crossed. I enjoy nothing more than a good day of salmon fishing with friends.
Well, almost nothing more :bigsmile:

Pray for a few years of rain (I'm not a deity guy, but what else you got?) and we'll be back in business. I'm going crazy wanting our local fat spewing friend, leaner salmon were fun to play with for the last few years, but dammit I want a real salmon.

Prey the Feds open it up and we don't get too much rain :) too much and they'll keep it closed :(

From the looks of things, it's gonna be way too much for the next three weeks, and when I say way too much I mean the sky is going to open up completely :ghost:

If wind is coming to I guess I'll be off the grid for a while. The slightest wind takes out our power lines in Aptos :(

Back