Our mission

Tank placement on carpet

is that a challenge? I think this should be reposted on GBARF and see what is posted by others lol (ie no one who has read/posted in this thread respond) :D

:lol: that's such an easy test to know the outcome of :D We betting?

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4076.msg49141#msg49141 date=1216137114]

BTW, there's a golden state here - 38801 Cherry Street Newark, CA 94560
[/quote]

Thanks Jeremy...ill try golden state...everytime i go to lowes and ask them where to find something they look at me like im speaking a different language..

[quote author=orientalexpress link=topic=4076.msg49162#msg49162 date=1216162917]
WOW ,this is why i love BAR,so many knowledge reefers here and good friends also.try posting this question at other board,it's will get bury in a hurry .:)

lapsan
[/quote]

My words exactly...little things like this may not be important to the average reefer just looking to find some good deals on the "other" forum...so i post here where i know people will care and be of some help..

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4076.msg49165#msg49165 date=1216163979]
is that a challenge? I think this should be reposted on GBARF and see what is posted by others lol (ie no one who has read/posted in this thread respond) :D
[/quote]

HAHAHA...check BARF Tony!

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4076.msg49238#msg49238 date=1216228476]
:lol: that's such an easy test to know the outcome of :D We betting?
[/quote]

I say it hits the bottom before 5 USEFULL responses..Ill put some brown palys and GSP on it! haha

not testing at all..like Tony said, unfortunate humor...im a member of both forums..posting on BARF will broaden the exposure to the question and HOPEFULLY pull some usefull input such as your response...if you look at most of my old post, i usually post here first THEN post on the RC sub forum...Theres no need to test, it'll speak for itself. Im already expecting some cool regulars like Charles and Terry to chime in and bring the posting to 3 pages..haha

RC, well for me, is more for joking around with some local buddies that arnt on this forum, entertainment, and some good deals on used equipment...when im serious about something, i post here first..

Noted that it was more unfortunate humor. I am too a proud member of BAR, but I think we should try to avoid those kind of humor on RC. Not very long ago a member of BAR posting of a complain in BARF that the quality BARF is not there, etc etc. It's OK, but how about if many reefers in Bay Area now start browsing here and found out that posting in BARF is just unfortunate humor.
I think you should not view RC just a place to joke around, entertainment, etc. Of course there are many of joking around in RC as some degree in BAR too. You have to view RC beyond BARF section. Many many forums in RC are very very useful and you can learn a lot of things. There are many many knowledgeable reefers are hanging around in RC, so go beyond BARF and you will find great knowledge.
I think we can use BARF to bring people to BAR and its mission. We can use BARF as a tool for BAR, instead of just using it as a joking around place. It is just my opinion.

Patrick,
Please do not take my posting as personal attack. I am too proud of BAR, so I am trying to avoid any possible image of BAR that is not.

No worries, not taken as a personal attack at all. IMO me seeing the BARF forum as more of a social place for local buddies and entertainment was not down talking the BARF forum at all, nor do i feel it would create a negative image for anyone in the bay browsing the forums. I agree that the BARF sub forum would be usefull as a tool to bring people to BAR, afterall, thats how i got here. Our unfortunate humor puts some emphasis on the fact that a major percentage of people serious about reefing come here to learn and educate on matters that would otherwise, be looked over on the BARF forum.

Out of the 25 live post on the BARF forum, i count 17 threads that relate to WTB,WTT, or WTS. dont get me wrong, people can benifit from these deals, i know i have a couple times. But where does one go if they are looking for the answer to a problem with their tank? The rest of RC is excellent, and I acknowledge the fact that they have some serious and educated reefers in their community, but for me personally, the sense of community wasnt truly there. The massive size and high traffic that brings a plethora of perspectives can be both a good thing as well as a bad.

Meeting dedicated people face to face, and discussing matters that would make any of my regular friends tear their eardrums out was a big part of it for me. Knowing people as their handle and going back and forth with PMs was ok, but sharing a passion with a group of unique individuals with the same passion and common goal locally was a huge factor in my decision as to which forum i want to put my energy into.

There have also been instances that have left a bad taste in my mouth that I, as well as some other members, have encountered, but those are personal experiences and off the subject. Let me just say i feel more of a sense of saftey here.

As far as my own personal interaction between serious loacl reefers, i choose to come here. When i want to buy something or feel like socializing, i go to BARF. Its just a personal choice. :D

[quote author=FinalPhaze987 link=topic=4076.msg49330#msg49330 date=1216272590]
The rest of RC is excellent, and I acknowledge the fact that they have some serious and educated reefers in their community, but for me personally, the sense of community wasnt truly there. The massive size and high traffic that brings a plethora of perspectives can be both a good thing as well as a bad.

Meeting dedicated people face to face, and discussing matters that would make any of my regular friends tear their eardrums out was a big part of it for me. Knowing people as their handle and going back and forth with PMs was ok, but sharing a passion with a group of unique individuals with the same passion and common goal locally was a huge factor in my decision as to which forum i want to put my energy into.
[/quote]
Agree!
I guess we are in the same page then ... :)

I've watched the slow drain of the real reefers from RC over the past few yeas...it's not at the same level it used to be.

Hi Gresh,
You are longer in the hobby and industry than most of us here, please educate me.
What do you think the cause of slow drain of the real reefers. Is that due to many old school reefers are no longer in the hobby? or many of those reefers move to different board other than RC?
By the way what distinguish between "real", "not real" or "not so real" reefers?

Real is in committed reefers. Many of the people on now a days want easy quick solutions and ask the same questions as each other but are totally unwilling to research the question on their own. The cyclical questions burn out the people that had the in depth posts and actually understand what they are saying.

Of course there are still committed/real reefers on RC, it just seems/feels like FAR less. Many of the people I talk to no longer are active on RC. Most no longer accept pms ;)

Opps, I left several of your questions unanswered.

I still see a bunch of other forums, some have gotten out of the hobby and some no longer reef online.

Real reefers wasn't the right term by a long stretch, I apologize to anyone I may have offended :)

Back