Our mission

Tank/Stand Resources

I am looking to start a saltwater tank in my life again (been tank free for 6 years) and I am looking for a tank with starfire glass, overflow, reef ready, ect... I also am looking for some leads for stand builders. I am not looking necessarily for something "custom" but a stand builder who can offer some different options to choose from would be great. I do not have anything specific in mind, yet, but I want to get some ideas.... I want at least a 120 gallon and I have been eying a 48 x 24. x 24 dimension, but part of me would like a 6 foot tank. I am curious to know what others feel about a 24 high, 24 depth tank, like is it difficult for maintenance, reaching to the back side with a canopy in place? The reason I like the idea of a 24" depth tank is that it adds a wider footprint. Thoughts?

Welcome back to the hobby!!
A 120G is a really nice choice, plenty of room to play around with rock work; even more if the overflow is external. A six-footer would be a sweeter system for fish that like to take a sprint. I think a tank 24" is manageable to clean, work in/at. The canopy work would depend on how it's built; I find it difficult if small doors are all there's to work inside or from the canopy; a canopy that has a front that fully opens will grant plenty of space.
You may get some ideas by visiting the multiple tank journals of the members. There are plenty of new toys in the market and the always reliable old-is-still-kool equipment.

Hi @roostertech, I have eyed that tank. That is a very nice tank and kind of like a plug and play. I haven't ruled it out yet. It has a modern feel to it and I am looking for more traditional at the moment. I have seen your set up and I like it.

@Flagg37 - I have seen your thread with your tank build and your stand. You have a nice skill. Have you build any other stands? I am certainly looking for more than the typical stuff on Craigs List :) I know some good deals can be found at times.

Thanks @Klems! I do like that tank! I'll keep that in mind.

Back