Our mission

Tank tour around San Mateo/Foster city/Redwood City area on 5/27

San Mateo area tank tour on 27th May

• Total voters
My reefs are a dis-organized mess! Not only did I pull apart 1/2 of one of our displays and shove corals into every nook and cranny of the other DT while I eradicated Caulerpa, but then Peter decided he was going to "re-do" his reef. That means everything he didnt want got dumped into my reefs and then he went shopping in my tanks :eek:. I am still okay if the club wants to tour our reefs. just know they are a bit disorganized and a work in progress.
Cheers Mark
Aren’t all reef tanks a work in progress.

If anybody wants (and my house is the last stop?) People could bring a lunch/snack and we could hang at my house, have our lunch, mingle and possibly trade some corals?

If anybody wants (and my house is the last stop?) People could bring a lunch/snack and we could hang at my house, have our lunch, mingle and possibly trade some corals?
I like the idea, we can have some snacks in my place as well. We'll be space constrained for a full lunch at my apartment :-(

Maybe put the date and time on the Title of thread? If you can't get more tanks, consider doing store drop by, but not sure any sponsors are near San Mateo area. ( Or expand the tour area to other locations? For my SF ones - I used to start in Stinson Beach member house for Potluck lunch, then a few SF tanks and end up in Pacifica. We used to do store tours too in the past, but we would let the stores know. That way they get warning and sometime sock up a little an offer discounts if they wish. Just some suggestions. Great that you are trying to organize this!

If the timing works for me I would like to attend too.

I’m still very interested in coming, but I’m not sure because I may have family in town. I’d like to get details/addresses in case I can make it, when you are ready to send them out. I’m guessing you’ll PM them?

Fellow reefers,
I have updated the first post with my address and time details . I’ll have some light snacks at my place. We’ll proceed to Mark & peters place from there. Let me know if you have any questions,
I’m excited about this :)

Fellow reefers,
I have updated the first post with my address and time details . I’ll have some light snacks at my place. We’ll proceed to Mark & peters place from there. Let me know if you have any questions,
I’m excited about this :)

May I bring a friend? Hes interested in getting into the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its ok. I would love to see him being a member of the club at least, since this is what binds us together.

He doesnt even have a tank yet. My buddy and I have been trying to convince him for 2 months now... im hoping with the tank tour, it will make him get one! Haha.

He doesnt even have a tank yet. My buddy and I have been trying to convince him for 2 months now... im hoping with the tank tour, it will make him get one! Haha.

Then you should really take him to Neptune aquatics . They have multiple spectacular tanks on display

Back