Our mission

Tank Tracker - new Android App

deno

hey all!

in order to solve my own problem of not being able to keep very good track fish tank related task i created tank tracker. it's a very simple app that will allow you to quickly track complete task, record and graph water stats, and remind you to complete tasks.

you can install it from here - http://www.vichasconsulting.com/android/TankTranker.apk

currently i'm working on finishing up the styling - layouts, icons, fonts, etc... i'd love any feedback, comments, and or suggestions for it. the next feature i plan on adding is the ability to edit the lists of tasks and stats.

thanks,
deno

how experienced are you with Apps and can you do both Driod and iPhone?

GreshamH said:
how experienced are you with Apps and can you do both Driod and iPhone?

i'm a very experienced software developer (among other things) but fairly new to the andriod platform. if i start to get a few successful apps for android i might take the effort to port them to iOS.

why do you ask?

This is very cool! I've been looking for something like this either PC based or web based. Does anyone happen to know of any similar software or websites for tank tracking? I've been doing it in Excel but I want something with the reminders and TODOs to make it easy to see what needs to be done daily/weekly/monthly.

~Charlie

charlie -

why would you want it web based if you have it on your phone? i have thought about ideas to have tank tracker be able to upload it's data to something. haven't came up with any good use cases for the data once it's been transferred. currently you can export your task and stat to csv so you can use the data elsewhere.

On my HTC Incrediable it is:

settings>>about phone>>software information

deno - I was asking about web or PC based because I don't have a phone to run it on and the concept is fantastic. Haven't looked too much at Android yet but I hear there are simulators and/or you can run it in a virtual machine (VM). I suppose if I get desperate I could do that. Web based would be a plus for me so I can access from different machines.

~Charlie

ok, finally got a chance to look into this. it seems that it caused from trying to install an app from outside the market place. try this

* Go to the market and download Astro file browser. Once installed open Astro and go to settings. Check allow all browser downloads. That's it.

- deno

charlie -
ah, that makes sense. sure, i could have written this as phone friendly web app but the project is a way for work on my android fu.

I there a way to backup the data? Or synchronize with the server?
I think that is the most important feature of any "tracking" software.

zepplock said:

from either tasks or stats -> menu -> export. you'll find a csv file on the root your of SD card.

at some point i'm going to put an import function. i jut finished banging my head trying to learn how to themes for apps.

deno said:
zepplock said:

from either tasks or stats -> menu -> export. you'll find a csv file on the root your of SD card.

at some point i'm going to put an import function. i jut finished banging my head trying to learn how to themes for apps.
got it.. thanks man and nice App, this will definitely come in handy for me..

Back