Kessil

Tank transfer or not

I was wondering if I should transfer all my stock from my lagoon 25 to the red sea 250. I still need skimmer, lights, powerheads for that tank. I'm just thinking because of keeping 2 tanks stable. What do you guys think. Also is it hard to transfer?

I agree, one tank much easier to dedicate time and energy to. Unless you're one of these gurus with 3 tanks in the living room and a lot of time, you'll do a better job on one nice tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had two tanks and one tank just went to hell. If you're going to TTM everything and quarantine, that counts as another tank and a lot of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would transfer, unless there is a reason not to. Do you have conflicting species? I had a six line wrasse and wanted a mandarin for the new tank the wrasse would have out competed the mandarin for food. The six line ended up jumping out and committed suicide a couple months ago. I also planned for this tank to be almost all sps but since I'm taking down the old one it's now getting some other stuff.

Thought I was the only guy on the planet with only one running tank?

I just started cycling of that famous IM Fusion 20G tank setup as a permanent quarantine tank. Am I in this over my head with little benefits but tons of work?

So 1 tank is the way to go I see. The thought of 2 tanks is nice but also I see lots of work in it. Well unfortunately I can transfer until I buy the needed things for the red sea, skimmer,kessils or other. I can transfer my dosing pump, ato, power heads over to this tank. I will also transfer my sand since it's only a few months old. Still up in the air

Back