Tank transfer or not

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by Calde0920, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

I was wondering if I should transfer all my stock from my lagoon 25 to the red sea 250. I still need skimmer, lights, powerheads for that tank. I'm just thinking because of keeping 2 tanks stable. What do you guys think. Also is it hard to transfer?

2. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

If it were me, I would transfer them. I barely have the time bandwidth to deal with one tank.

V

3. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

I agree, one tank much easier to dedicate time and energy to. Unless you're one of these gurus with 3 tanks in the living room and a lot of time, you'll do a better job on one nice tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

I had two tanks and one tank just went to hell. If you're going to TTM everything and quarantine, that counts as another tank and a lot of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I would transfer, unless there is a reason not to. Do you have conflicting species? I had a six line wrasse and wanted a mandarin for the new tank the wrasse would have out competed the mandarin for food. The six line ended up jumping out and committed suicide a couple months ago. I also planned for this tank to be almost all sps but since I'm taking down the old one it's now getting some other stuff.

6. Julius Chen

Julius Chen Supporting Member

Thought I was the only guy on the planet with only one running tank?

I just started cycling of that famous IM Fusion 20G tank setup as a permanent quarantine tank. Am I in this over my head with little benefits but tons of work?

7. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

Depends how much free time you have. In a relationship? Married? Kids? lol

8. Julius Chen

Julius Chen Supporting Member

I thought it was bad/irresponsible not to have a quarantine tank. So did not even considertge extra work :)

I guess I will move forward and see.

9. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

So 1 tank is the way to go I see. The thought of 2 tanks is nice but also I see lots of work in it. Well unfortunately I can transfer until I buy the needed things for the red sea, skimmer,kessils or other. I can transfer my dosing pump, ato, power heads over to this tank. I will also transfer my sand since it's only a few months old. Still up in the air

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I knew I had vermetid snails in my 30 gallon so I have been very careful not to transfer those over.