Jestersix

Taptalk

Nav

Taptalk stopped working for me since morning today (app loads but opening any notification goes to a blank screen). Not sure if its just me or everyone...

Got this error when I launched now, is it something our admins will have to fix? Or is their server down?

IMG_7772.PNG

Sorry guys, I don't have the bandwidth to look into this. I'm at work and I don't have the bandwidth to upload the new xml.

If denzil or anyone else can get to this before I can, please do. Otherwise you may have to wait until later tonight

Yes, same error. All BAR posts lead to a blank page with a loader icon loadig forever... Pls install the app and try it out.

Slightly off topic, does tapatalk actually work for you? I've clicked the banner when it recommends I install it once or twice and when trying to use it I found the app to be extremely painful to navigate and more time consuming than using chrome mobile so every time I've given it a chance it has failed in that aspect and I default back to "desktop view" from my phone's browser. Wasn't sure if I'm alone in this observation so I thought I'd ask for some feedback...

Slightly off topic, does tapatalk actually work for you? ...
For me, I'm not sure yet -- I find it pretty painful. I was hoping to find a better app for forums (to use while riding the BART) but I figured I'd give Tapatalk another try (and then noticed the error Nav started this thread with).

Taptalk is best of its breed. They recently redesigned the app making it a bit more hard to navigate but overall as a single app to manage multiple forums, see unread posts, upload pics, comment on threads, get notifications on stuff you subscribe to... its great!

I haven't looked back after switching to Taptalk... I feel the desktop versions are so out of date since none of these forums are responsive! (mobile friendly)

Nav, you're saying your desktop view on your phone sucks or the standard desktop browser with these forums? (regarding your last paragraph)

My phone's a rooted/hacked to hell android 4.4.4 (kitkat) so it doesn't run standard plugins/browser, ie; flash works etc.
The "desktop view" browser on my phone has worked just as good as my computer sans large display, mouse & keyboard. I have no experience with iphones or stock android roms so perhaps my experience with mobile browsers is a little different due to this!

Not sure if they fixed it, but Taptalk is absolutely HORRIBLE for places like ReefCentral, not sure what it is but if you post any [ img ] tags it doesn't display the image, yet if someone quotes the message and doesn't do anything different to it, the images come up fine. Almost like they insert a character, that somehow disappears when someone without it quotes.

Not sure if all of you are on Androids... on the iPhone its all perfect ;) Image uploads always work for me... I'm so active on this specific thread cos I spend so much time on Taptalk lol!

Mike hit it the nail on the head, tapatalk is not usable with RC, the forum tree structure is not there, every subforum is lumped up in one endless list so every time you need to go say "norcal" regional section you better be ready to scroll down for about 5 minutes, in that time I've already scanned the entire thing from the browser lol.

Back