got ethical husbandry?

Tell me whats wrong with this picture

whats_wrong.png

Cyano on the clove polyps :D

Seen clown triggers in reef tanks on various occasions (Terry @ AAOL had one for years in his reef tank IIRC)

GreshamH said:

Seen clown triggers in reef tanks on various occasions (Terry @ AAOL had one for years in his reef tank IIRC)

WHAT?! there is no cyano in my tank.

Well I thought I was gonna get a lot of "OMG you are dumb, trigger eat everything, too big for your small tank"

Well, I'm prepared for the risk of him damaging my corals/inverts. Hopefully he is small enough that I can "train" him to not eat my "good" stuff by keeping him well fed. As for the size issue, just another reason to get a bigger tank :LOL:

yardartist said:
No trigger or tang police here for the most part. Everyone is let make choices and guided gently.

That's cool, I agree too. If someone doesn't know the reasons not to do something well they should be advised. But if they know the risks and as long as there aren't any drastic reasons not to do it c'est le vie.

r0ck0 said:
GreshamH said:

WEll your picture sure makes it look like the clove polyp (or waht ever it is) is covered in cyano.

FWIW cyano is not a "bad thing". With out it none of us would be alive today, nor most other life on this planet.

GreshamH said:
r0ck0 said:
GreshamH said:

WEll your picture sure makes it look like the clove polyp (or waht ever it is) is covered in cyano.

FWIW cyano is not a "bad thing". With out it none of us would be alive today, nor most other life on this planet.

The thing to the bottom right of the cloves is another mushroom, reverse superman, shouldn't it be called a Clark Kent? Can you tell I don't like these crazy common names? :LOL:

Cyanobacteria may not be "bad" but it ain't purrty either.

The webcam isn't that great but its the best I have tried. If anyone knows of a better one please let me know. Another nice thing about this webcam is I can view it on my android phone when I'm away. Piece of mind when I check the tank status and visually confirm everything is ok. Isn't technology great?

iCon said:
Webcam is cool... When did you get that clownfish? It's kinda laying sideways on the sand... :~

Ya those are my corner clowns. They are lazy and boring, always loafing. They are fine and healthy just weird. I think its cause they are tank bred. I got them at green marine and have had them for about 2 or 3 months. When I bought them they were swimming in the corner of the tank at the shop too, seems thats all they have ever known. The only time they leave the corner is to come to the surface when they see me, expecting a feeding.

Also thats why I put the webcam in that corner, its the clowncam.

Edit: light is on now, picture is washed out, :sad:

r0ck0 said:
GreshamH said:
r0ck0 said:
GreshamH said:

The thing to the bottom right of the cloves is another mushroom, reverse superman, shouldn't it be called a Clark Kent? Can you tell I don't like these crazy common names? :LOL:

Not talking about anything but the polyp itself. The fact it is red was what led me to think it was cyano, and I am not alone on the observation :)

GreshamH said:
r0ck0 said:
GreshamH said:
r0ck0 said:
GreshamH said:

Not talking about anything but the polyp itself. The fact it is red was what led me to think it was cyano, and I am not alone on the observation :)

HAHA ok ok I admit I have cyno. not really

I believed you the first time you said it. I was merely pointing out I was not looking at anything *but* the polyp itself, not a mushroom or anything ;)

Well if you guys arent busy and wanna watch me feed my clowns tune in! Gonna start with some rods food and then a jumbo shrimp on a barbie for the trigger, he might be too shy but I will leave it in for a bit. Gonna do a water change tonight anyway.

http://gas.dyn-o-saur.com:8080/view2.cgi?profile=5

Back