Kessil

Thanks

Ditto. I am glad I made the time to come out and meet everyone. I hope no one considered it "off topic" by me bringing the things I did, but from people questions and reactions I doubt it. I look forward to learning ALOT more, filling my tank with corals, and hopefully if successful, passing on frags and the knowledge that goes along with them

Very well thought out event, great facilities, and a very friendly and pleasurable group of people

Thanks again-

Gorm

I had a ton of fun too! That tile saw was pretty fancy. Thanks so much to the BOD and ASAP for making this happen.

Gorm, I think it's great that you brought corals and things to share. You can never go wrong when it somes to things like that. :)

It was great meeting everyone today. I came home with 10 bags total.. Thanks BAR BOD and ASAP... All the corals today are very nice pieces. I love the bright yellow acro that ASAP donated. The "deep" water acro is very nice under XM 10K ..... Like Jim said these pieces have a lot of potential.

Ditto to the many thanks for todays event! I think we all went home with an engrossing amount of frags and the knowledge that we would have a heck of a time finding space for them all( esp me and my 10 gallon) =)

Now back to moisturizing my dry, salt creeped hands from bagging all day :shock:

BTW Great glue! My gorgonian got knocked over by something (stupid me assuming that wedging the hunk of rock it was on into a hole was sufficient) unscrewed the glue I was using yesterday, and it came out smooth as can be without having solidified in the squirt tube!

I had a lot of fun. I used to baby my corals when i fragged them, i didnt know they could withstand a lot of punishment. Very informative
thanks bar/ASAP

I think that might be a bit too much of a hassle while we are at the event. By doing an iodine dip before placing it into your tank will do the trick, no interceptor needed.

jedininja said:
I think that might be a bit too much of a hassle while we are at the event. By doing an iodine dip before placing it into your tank will do the trick, no interceptor needed.

How does that work? Is it 1 for 1 - meanting 1 cup of iodine 1 cup of water?

By the way... great workshop the other day. We should have that more often.

Well it depends on what source of iodine you are using. Lugols would be the strongest, and it recommends on the bottle 7 drops to every gallon you use. I usually do my dips in a half gallon container so I put about 3-4 drops. With other iodine additives, it might be a little more since they are not as concentrated. But certaily nowhere close to 1-1.

Back