Kessil

The cutest clownfish ever. :)

me too. we have had like 5 different kinds, and we have 4 of them now. we took the false percula out of the 45 gal, because the clarkies were nipping at his fins, so i put him in the 60 gal with the black one, and they fought briefly, and now they are best friends. sooo cute. now, his fins just need to heal, and hell be perfect. i wish i had a mating pair!

In my experience with Clowns, i think the normal "nemo" clownfish are the most social. It took me putting the orange one in the tank with the black one, for the black one to become more social, whereas by himself, he was scared, and often hung out back gehind powerheads, and filter/skimmer parts. They are now really happy, it seems, so to make a recommendation for you, get the normal species, and see how you like them. the black ones tend to be more territorial in groups of their own kind. clarkies are the worst! they are mean, and wont hesitate to nip at you when you put your hands in the tank. i didnt realize that until one of our larger clarkies BIT my finger! the orange ones seem to be more docile. they LOVED the sea anenome that we had, and they all fought over who was allowed near it. the clarkies took that one over! anyhow, good luck making your decision, and im sure you will enjoy it either way!

Thanks. I just ordered a few fish (a pair of green banded gobies and a green chromis) so it'll be a while before I get any more. They're definitely on my wish list, though.

I love those black and white clowns! Not to say I don't love my false percs now but if I had to do it again, I would've gotten the black and white ones.

i love him, he is such a cute little fishie. my second favorite was my mandarin fish, but he passed away a while ago, so im sure ill get another one soon!

never know, but did your mandarin meet the common fate of not enough food? They are really cute and curious critters, but have a voracious pod appetite. I know that in my 40g, my 6line decimates the pod population but eats other prepared food. Most mandrines wil only eat live.

ya know, im not really sure what happened, to be honest. i know it was something, but i just cant remember what. oh he ate all kinds of stuff in the tank, he was definitely an eater! but again, not sure what killed him. ill get another one someday. :)

I catch my Mandarin eating thawed brine shrimp from time to time but he won't tolerate spot feeding, he's quick to run and hide. I know he has put a dent in pod population in my 46g to say the least.

oh mine used to eat Mysis shrimp, he loved those! but for the most part, i just saw him pecking away like a little bird on some algae and on the live rock too. i really want another one.

[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=4104.msg49228#msg49228 date=1216224242]
oh mine used to eat Mysis shrimp, he loved those! [/quote]
That's great, I've read that a lot of them don't which is why they need a well established tank and some people say 100g minimum.

[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=4104.msg49228#msg49228 date=1216224242]
i just saw him pecking away like a little bird on some algae and on the live rock too. i really want another one. [/quote]
FWIU, When they do that they are actually picking at pods and little critters.

oh i gotcha! yeah.. i think im going to have to get another one. i like the green ones too. i havent had one with the spotted green and red bodies yet. just the blue, green, and red ones.

the orange on the face is random but turning black. they are a year old and been together 8 months (IN LFS) but i have had them 2 weeks. and yes, the probably did lay eggs in the LFS. they were there 8 months. and no they do not "Lay eggs Euphyllia??" they will probably lay eggs ON their soon-to-be host, my Euphyllia (frogspawn)

No your's is. by True Black Ocellaris i meant true Ocellaris not true Percula. but the only difference is 2 spinal bones. fo to tell, it would take a high speed camera.

Back