High Tide Aquatics

The Long Awaited Elos 120

iCon

Supporting Member
Or else this might happen...

photo(1).JPG
photo.JPG

Tank had been in storage for a few years and resurfaced after some remodel work. Was sitting there nice and dry as decoration until someone meddled in its affairs!

Hey, you're much farther than I am with my Elos. I'm pretty convinced you'll beat me, haha.

By the way, is that a brand new Elos?

haha, been there a couple times *working away, feeling the aches and pains* FINISHED! Wait what its' 3AM? BTW love that shirt :D

Yes. It is quite an awesome shirt. Best Valentine's Day gift ever! That's how I knew she was a keeper! (yeah, yeah, I knew well before that!)

Well it's about time! Looking good C....I like the rock work. ;)

Thanks good sir. Ended up being the perfect amount plus 50lbs of marco rocks. All said, I hear tons of whining about algae blooms, etc. so I'm a little concerned considering I've never truly cycled a tank. I power washed all of the rock several times so hopefully that helps a little bit. Might go fish only for a while...Like someone I know!

Hey, you're much farther than I am with my Elos. I'm pretty convinced you'll beat me, haha.

By the way, is that a brand new Elos?

Hah! Wasn't yours a turnkey system!? Define 'beat'. I also don't have 3,000 gallons of water in my place like some people... :D

Technically, the tank is not 'brand new' but it could definitely pass as such...Everything is immaculate. Little rust on the hinge screws but I replaced those.

Not sure if I'm going to use the Elos skimmer or not. Not a fan of them at all but they seem to work and they fit/make the sump work perfectly. Which skimmer do you have?

Hah! Wasn't yours a turnkey system!? Define 'beat'. I also don't have 3,000 gallons of water in my place like some people... :D

Technically, the tank is not 'brand new' but it could definitely pass as such...Everything is immaculate. Little rust on the hinge screws but I replaced those.

Not sure if I'm going to use the Elos skimmer or not. Not a fan of them at all but they seem to work and they fit/make the sump work perfectly. Which skimmer do you have?
I have the SRO XP2000 with a cracked collection cup. It cracked during transport. I still need to get the replacement cup. :(

Back